Neapolitan Ice Cream

Can't believe I'm saying this, but as a kid I was never a big fan of chocolate, so chocolate sat on the plate until last, and with vanilla being my favourite, of course that went first.

I think maybe because we were very limited with flavours back when I was a kid Neopolitan was seen as kind of exotic.. :D I didn't like it then.. and I still wouldn't have it today ...
It's true! I remember plain flavours... vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and cherry, and I remember maple-walnut, too, but that's about it.

Do remember there being an ice cream hut a few blocks away that sold tiger ice cream, but I only ever remember getting ice cream from there the one time.

In our house it was always plain vanilla.

Regarding original post question, above, ^^^^

it did seem like a good idea at that time! :) :ROFLMAO:
ANY ice cream was great, and the colors and flavors, were appealing....

till someone took all of just one flavor. :oops::cautious:

Now, @hollydolly Pistachio sounds even better....but I too can just have a small bit at a time.

Sometimes I like to switch it up cuz I get tired of the same ol'. So it's nice to have Neapolitan. I occasionally do rainbow sherbet as well. I don't like just vanilla or just strawberry alone. So this affords me a little of it all.

I never cared for it but I remember my grandmother buying bulk individually wrapped slices of it for baby showers back in the late 60s. She thought that it was a very elegant way to serve ice cream with cake.

I never cared for spumoni but I always enjoyed biscuit tortoni.

1590441046913.jpeg

Back