Need to buy a new Printer.

Mike

My Epson XP625 has started printing strange colours that
have nothing to do with the Image on the screen, I have
decided to bite the bullet and get a new one, I have always
bought Epson, but now they are mostly black and I really
don't want a black one, so have any of you got a suggestion,
I am looking at HP Envy models, they seem to be not bad.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, please.

Mike.

I have always had HP pc's and printers and not any problems. I had to replace my HP printer last fall (2020) be cause it was 10 years old and couldn't get the part needed and didn't want used parts. Yes, it was a big bite but I don't regret it. Also, when you plug it in, it tells you exactly what to do next to get it set up :).

Depends on how much and what you print.

I don't care to have a printer taking up space, and fiddling with ink cartridges, so I just email my stuff to Staples, and pop over to pick it up.
I like having them use their ink and paper.
It's a few cents a page, and their color copies are about $.50-$1.00 (depending on size)
Wonderful quality

Never had long term luck with any brand of printer

I am an HP Fan! For my own printing needs and those of my clients I always buy/recommend HP. They're the most user friendly, set up easily, troubleshoot easily, and are not costly. And I say that from experience, having had to troubleshoot numerous printers of different makes and models over the years. HP has my vote hands down.

The last printer I personally bought was an HP which I gave to my daughter when I moved in with Ron because he already had one. It's at least 7 years old now and hasn't even hiccuped. Ron has an HP Office Jet 4652. Fax, Scan, Print, Copy, Web functions, and it gets used pretty much every day, and zero issues. Ink Cartridges are competitively priced, and easy to find.

First I want to point out that HP ink cartridges have always been too expensive. My son and honorary daughter bought me a HD printer one year for my birthday and I was horrified. Unfortunately (or fortunately) something was wrong with it so I told them to return it. I've had two Canon printer/scanners over the years. Wound up getting both for free. One as a gift from Micro Center for buying my Mac. The other was from my grandson, just when I needed a new one. I've been very happy with those printers.

I only print a few things at income tax time so my old inexpensive HP3520Desktop printer is fine.

The only thing I can say is to check the cost of the ink cartridges before you settle on a printer.

The old adage that cheap printers have expensive ink cartridges is definitely true with my old printer.

Thank you all for your helpful replies, but today is
another day, so instead of being down as I was when
I started this thread, I spent some time with the printer
today, I updated the driver and played around with the
advanced settings, to try and change things, the screen
colour was yellow, but the print output was dirty white,
when I was looking for a fawn colour, anyway I got it to
print what I want.

Thank again for your time in trying to your help me.

Mike.

Back