New Facebook

Anyone else use Facebook? It has changed it's homepage look. I don't like it. Why change something that's working fine? Besides after visiting FB in the new mode, it's is slowing up my browser something fierce (I don't know why that should be). There an option to change back to the "classic" look, but they are going to change permanently to the new version in September anyway.

My friend has just mentioned that and she says she does not like the format. What get's my goat, as they say, is the fact that 'they' don't give you a choice. Ok maybe for a short period of time but then you have to change. Something has changed with my Windows 10, some sort of update, not the usual but more intense, if that's the right word, and it was awful for hours,. I had to switched of, not shut down as is usual ,for at least 5 times because the screen went black - nothing. Eventually 'they' gave a message that they were fixing something. Never had that message in the 3-4 years I have had the computer. Working now but it was a headache - literally. Would just like it if we could have a choice to keep what we like permanently. I don't want a Degree or Masters in Technology/Computer Science thank you. ☺

Anyone else use Facebook? It has changed it's homepage look. I don't like it.
I am with you "debodun" I open Facebook to see what my extended family is up to and BAM you get a 'new better Facebook' my bottom! They never even considered asking if we want the change... Like Yahoo when they changed over they allowed you to keep the old format if you wanted... not faceblock. I shut down my faceblock page if a company is that ignorant to its users then they will definitely loose my data that they sell to other businesses. It won't happen becuse so many people are in a trance with their faceblock page but everyone who doesn't like the new format should just shut down their page.

Am I missing something? I use it everyday and I’ve seen no changes. What’s different?
Me too Pappy! But now I've been forewarned at least. Sheesh.
Click on the drop down menu on FB.

Screenshot-2020-08-22-at-5-24-41-AM.png

I hate the new layout. Mine has a "Switch to New Facebook" link in the dropdown on the right side of the blue bar. Hopefully they won't make the new layout mandatory.

I don't like the new FB homepage either. A week or so ago they gave me the choice to return to "classic FB" and I did, but now the new is mandatory come this September. Also, my browser is a bit 'twitchy', sometimes a bit slow and sometimes a bit abruptly too sensitive to clicking and scrolling......I wonder if there's a connection?

Back