New From the Mid West

KimIn Wis

- Hey all, married 59 female. Retired after 37 years in IT. Just need a break from all the crazy stuff going on or **I'm** gonna go crazy! Just looking for some fun and interesting people to chat with. Unfortunately I'm addicted to my computer and internet and don't have alot of hobbies. Oh, I do make my own jewelry, love to cook, hate gardening and picking up sticks, love animals, hate people that litter, I'm the best driver in the whole wide world and everyone else just needs to take a cab! Live in the north, spend a couple of months south in different places in the winter. So, Hi!

Hi <waves>

Upper Midwest.... hey.... it is going to be sunny and cool the next few days.... Next week looks more like fall, huh? Welcome....

welcome-neighborhood-wls-forum.jpg

Welcome Kim!❤
What’s your favourite thing to cook?
What type of jewelry did you make?
Can you elaborate a tad please?
View attachment 121048
I love to cook Italian. My father was full Italian and taught my mom how to cook it. Unfortunately I married a man that doesn't care for any type of pasta, tomatoes, etc... So I have to throw a dinner party to have an excuse to make some (I just don't know how to cook in small batches!). Of course I make something else for hubby to eat. Most of the jewelry I make are with stones or crystal beads. I do earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I also like working with wire. I've done a couple really cool necklaces where I crochet crystals beads or stones onto thin wire. I'm trying to teach myself to do wire wrapping, which is harder than I thought!

I love to cook Italian. My father was full Italian and taught my mom how to cook it. Unfortunately I married a man that doesn't care for any type of pasta, tomatoes, etc... So I have to throw a dinner party to have an excuse to make some (I just don't know how to cook in small batches!). Of course I make something else for hubby to eat. Most of the jewelry I make are with stones or crystal beads. I do earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I also like working with wire. I've done a couple really cool necklaces where I crochet crystals beads or stones onto thin wire. I'm trying to teach myself to do wire wrapping, which is harder than I thought!
So you’re a ‘go big or go home’ type of woman? 😂 That’s cute. My brother in laws wife is Italian and she’s just like that. She has large dinner parties. Her grandmother still cooks tomato sauce for spaghetti.

Your jewelry making materials are interesting and the same types of materials I used. Tigereye, various agate, quartz, amethyst, sapphire, emeralds are some favourite stones. Some of them I used in wooden inlays. I liked working with crystal beads yet they weren’t really my tastes. Customers requested matching earrings with their orders so I learned how to make them but I don’t personally wear them.

Wire work I have some experience with while making hair jewelry. It’s fun.
What stuff do you use it for?

What are your favourite stones and what did you make with these materials?

I like making stuff to give away as gifts. It’s nice surprising people

So you’re a ‘go big or go home’ type of woman? 😂 That’s cute. My brother in laws wife is Italian and she’s just like that. She has large dinner parties. Her grandmother still cooks tomato sauce for spaghetti.

Your jewelry making materials are interesting and the same types of materials I used. Tigereye, various agate, quartz, amethyst, sapphire, emeralds are some favourite stones. Some of them I used in wooden inlays. I liked working with crystal beads yet they weren’t really my tastes. Customers requested matching earrings with their orders so I learned how to make them but I don’t personally wear them.

Wire work I have some experience with while making hair jewelry. It’s fun.
What stuff do you use it for?

What are your favourite stones and what did you make with these materials?

I like making stuff to give away as gifts. It’s nice surprising people
I use alot of Natural Gemstones. I especially like the variegated colored ones. And Chez Crystals, glass delica seed beads, sea glass, agates, love finding really different metal spacer beads and findings! And I've used all of these to create bracelets, necklaces and earrings (dangle or hoop type as I don't like "post" earrings). I don't sell any of my "creations", but have given a few away as gives or if a friend asks me to make something special!

I use alot of Natural Gemstones. I especially like the variegated colored ones. And Chez Crystals, glass delica seed beads, sea glass, agates, love finding really different metal spacer beads and findings! And I've used all of these to create bracelets, necklaces and earrings (dangle or hoop type as I don't like "post" earrings). I don't sell any of my "creations", but have given a few away as gives or if a friend asks me to make something special!

Hi Kim .. I've also made a lot of jewellery. Mainly sterling silver wire/spacers, and natural stone beads. Most were made for friends and relatives.

toronto.bw.jpg

Yes finding some unique spacers is sure fun especially some of those vintage kinds which were made of more pure metals than the ones used these days. One of my favourite find was an estate box from a collector and most were vintage beads. It was like getting the best gift ever. It kept me so very focussed and entertained until it turned into hoarding. 😝😅
It’s easy to get carried away with creative obsessions. Have I ever mentioned how great my man is?🤣
This week I’m actually dealing with those hoarding collectables and getting rid of some of it. Most is going to charity, some to the dump and the rest I’ll keep. If I don’t use it within a year I’ll repeat.

I have 2 holes in each year and used to wear diamond studs but I got used to wearing none and those hanging ones can get caught in machinery which I sometimes work on so they’re out.

Anyway nice meeting you

Last edited:
Yes finding some unique spacers is sure fun especially some of those vintage kinds which were made of more pure metals than the ones used these days. One of my favourite find was an estate box from a collector and most were vintage beads. It was like getting the best gift ever. It kept me so very focussed and entertained until it turned into hoarding. 😝😅
It’s easy to get carried away with creative obsessions. Have I ever mentioned how great my man is?🤣
This week I’m actually dealing with those hoarding collectables and getting rid of some of it. Most is going to charity, some to the dump and the rest I’ll keep. If I don’t use it within a year I’ll repeat.

I have 2 holes in each year and used to wear diamond studs but I got used to wearing none and those hanging ones can get caught in machinery which I sometimes work on so they’re out.

Anyway nice meeting you
Ok, I'll stop taking up your time but I had to just say, I KNOW what you mean by hording... omg.. I have so much stuff it's embarrasses me!
Hubby just tells me to "just keep your door shut"! LOL Have a great weekend! Here in the USA it's a long weekend for Labor Day!

Back