New Guy

Been There

Hey Everyone----New guy here that just retired two weeks ago from government job in D.C. After 25 years of commuting to and from work, which is about an hour from my house to my place of work in heavy traffic, I am ready to take on the easy life for awhile.

I was originally born and raised in NE Ohio, but lived most of my life in Northern Virginia, (Fairfax County), except for the two years that I spent living in San Diego. Graduated from the Naval Academy and flew fighter jets while in the Marines. I was never interested in a career flying commercial jets.

I will not join in on any political conversations. I have had enough of those to last me a lifetime. I will also not be disclosing my former occupation. Other than that, I did notice that you do have some interesting topics that I may be interested in either discussing or just reading. I do enjoy physical fitness, some sports and photography. (Do they even go together?)

By the way, I really like the format of this forum. Very easy to navigate (no pun intended). Whoever set up this forum did a very good job.

See you on deck.

Ben

HI Ben,congrats on your retirement welcome aboard
We don't have a politics forum here at SF,thank God
I look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Hi Been There, like moviequeen said we no longer have a politics forum here--it brings out the worst in people so most of us are glad it's been removed for some time now. We have a lot of good discussions happening here and you are encouraged to start some new ones, too... (y) 🐥 ;):coffee:

welcomerose.jpg

I do enjoy physical fitness, some sports and photography. (Do they even go together?)

Welcome, Ben, and I hope you enjoy your life shift into retirement, as well as our forum.

I was thinking that perhaps you could combine those interests :sneaky:
by considering taking some photo's of a sports event, while simultaneously doing some gymnastics yourself? :ROFLMAO:
Perhaps it would produce some interesting and unique photographic effects?:unsure:

I don't know whether to suggest fast film or slow...or which aperture for that.... o_O:rolleyes::unsure:
:ROFLMAO:

Oh. nowadays, you could let the computer decide for you and then just show you the options to choose from. :LOL:
Welcome. :)

Hi Ben...

Welcome to the forum from London, England. We have a retired commercial Pilot here, @oldman , so maybe you 2 will have a bit in common...

Need any help with navigating the site, just shout out... (y)

welcomeaboard.jpg

Back