New Jersey State Trooper Dies In Training

I thought it would be nice if I posted this article. The article is very sketchy and does not give the reason or manner of death due to an investigation taking place. Why do they need an investigation? Another unanswered question. I follow Troopers across the country that are either Cadets or taking on additional training. Since I still teach a class, I like to be kept informed when a Trooper died during training to become a Trooper or a Trooper taking advanced training such as this fellow’s death.

If anyone in the New Jersey area gets further news, please post it. Thank you.

Trooper Dies in Training

Tragic.

Those who die training to serve/while serving might as well passed away from a bad guy's bullet, bomb etc. Training accidents happen in the military as well. They train with lethal devices or machines that require alot of maintenance and skill.

When they mentioned 'elite unit' my guess they were trying to pass qualification test and/or actually training for their job. In this case perhaps Swat training.

They should be remembered for being willing to serve the public and their country

RIP

This is a shame. I was feeling sorrowful for his family. Taking on extra duty and going through the training to be able to do that is commendable. I know that probably several of us have done the same thing. You sign up for training so that you can look like you are worth more on your resume and then something goes wrong during the training and you find yourself back at square one.

We had a fellow pilot learning to fly one of the Airbus’s, which I am not familiar with. He is in his next to last day of training and had he finished, he would have been promoted to Captain, but when he parked his plane at the gate, he didn’t set the parking brake. He said later it was his nerves that got the best of him and he just forgot that step.

I saw this in one of my news feeds but didn't read the article. First thing I thought is OMG...another young person has died! There have been so many over the past few years, including servicemen. 911...the news venues I've seen do not have further information about the trooper's death. I gather they are waiting for the autopsy. I wonder if it was his heart; I've seen stories of seemingly healthy young people dying of heart disorders.

It's always sad to lose a young person...sadder still that he was such a hard worker, good person, respected by his peers and obviously looking to reach higher goals. May he Rest in Paradise and may his family, friends and colleagues find comfort in good memories.
@Paladin1950 The video report says he was 32.

Back