New Planes in the Military (USAF)

So, Sucessive US admins since Clinton have failed to update and fund new weapons systems especially the USAF.

The Pentagon Focus nowadays is on climate, diversity and other useless lefty junk.

USAF Ranks are decimated and equipment ancient.

Most new USAF aircraft like B2 are hugely costly boondoggles.

Many USAF pilots fly planes older than their fathers.

The ChiComs and Russians are delighted.

What happened to Peach through Strength?

Jon

So, Sucessive US admins since Clinton have failed to update and fund new weapons systems especially the USAF.

The Pentagon Focus nowadays is on climate, diversity and other useless lefty junk.

USAF Ranks are decimated and equipment ancient.

Most new USAF aircraft like B2 are hugely costly boondoggles.

Many USAF pilots fly planes older than their fathers.

The ChiComs and Russians are delighted.

What happened to Peach through Strength?

Jon
The USAF pilots are very well trained. I don’t know if you have seen some of their newer aircraft, but they are definitely prepared to go to war. My favorite is the B-21 Raider, which is a stealth bomber.

The B-21 is probably the most sophisticated bomber we have today. It can carry both conventional and nuclear weapons, travel long distances and is stealth. In the video above, they talk about the obvious features of the plane, but they don’t go into a lot of the technical stuff, which is understandable.

Someone at the local TV station thought they were being smart by hiring a Cessna and flying above the Bomber on its rollout day in hopes they could get a look at the plane from behind. Even though the airspace is open, certain parts are under government control. These people that made the decision to take pictures from the rear of the plane were lucky that the airspace above the plane wasn’t listed as a no-fly zone. Evidently, there is nothing to see in the rear.

When Grumman first rolled out the plane in the video above with all the fancy lighting, I am sure someone got the idea that they could make national news if they could show more of the plane. Getting inside the plane to see the avionics would be a big deal and although they didn’t say anything about any guns onboard, I would bet my farm that this plane has some type of guns that are well hidden and are only engaged when needed. When the guns are retracted, I am also sure they are well covered and hidden.

I have no idea how many of these bombers are sitting in our hangars, but I think probably 2-3 of them could destroy a city the size of New York in less than 30 minutes. I remember back in 1990, my Colonel told me to bring my “go bag” to the office the next day, but he wouldn’t tell me why. We were in San Diego at the time. The next morning when the Colonel came into the office, he came right to my desk and told me to “grab your bag and follow me.”

We walked out to the hangar area and there was a small business jet sitting there, which we boarded. An hour or so later, we were landing out in the desert. I hadn’t followed our track, so I wasn’t sure where we were, but if I had to guess, I would have said MZJ (Mariana, AZ) or Pinal Airpark. I later found out, I was right. This is where the military and commercial jets are stored or what is referred to as “The Boneyard.” After we got off the plane, a shuttle picked us up and drove us to an area where six retired bombers were. I never seen these planes or recognized them.

The Colonel looked at me and said “there sits almost $6 billion in taxpayer money and these planes will never fly. What the hell do you (me) think we should do with them? We need to get them out of here.” I told him that I would need a few days to come up with a plan. This was on a Tuesday. He said “ok, I’ll look for your report on my desk before I leave the office on Friday.” I went back to the office, made a few phone calls and just like that, the planes were gone. I can’t go beyond that.

The US Military industrial behemoth makes millions of dollars of killing devices that will never be used. The tax burden on the American people is nuts, when we are lacking in health care, affordable housing, education, and especially everyday well being. Are these billion dollar toys that are superior killers really worth it?

The US Military industrial behemoth makes millions of dollars of killing devices that will never be used. The tax burden on the American people is nuts, when we are lacking in health care, affordable housing, education, and especially everyday well being. Are these billion dollar toys that are superior killers really worth it?
Depends on how much you value your freedom & way of life. Military & law enforcement that provide our security will always take money to provide a necessary service. We won't ever know the exact amount that is spent on new military technology & whether or not it's put into service.

Would I like more of that money spent on the troops & their needs, both active duty & vets? Yes.

There is probably the same percentage of money waste spent in the health care, housing & everything else you mentioned. Some of that waste going to people who haven't ever worked & paid taxes as well as to illegals taking our services from those that have worked.

You will always have waste as long as the government is spending our tax money.

The 747 is still one of the greatest engineered planes ever built. NASA uses their 2-747’s to carry space shuttles, but even though most domestic airlines have discontinued their use as passenger planes, they are still used to carry freight and a lot of it. The 747 started the jumbo revolution. Many airlines have replaced it with the Boeing 777. Some foreign airlines are still using the plane as a passenger carrier.

The 747 is still one of the greatest engineered planes ever built. NASA uses their 2-747’s to carry space shuttles, but even though most domestic airlines have discontinued their use as passenger planes, they are still used to carry freight and a lot of it. The 747 started the jumbo revolution. Many airlines have replaced it with the Boeing 777. Some foreign airlines are still using the plane as a passenger carrier.
I have flown the 747, both the -400 and -800. This plane almost flies itself. Great ride for sure. Flew it for two years back and forth between O’Hare and Honolulu.

Morning, 2009 April (maybe) I'm sitting waiting for work to start. I see something HUGE coming. It's 45 miles out and still HU.G.E. then I remembered someone saying a C-5 Galaxy was coming in.

Well, damn it was just freaking huge. It landed and just about 10 seconds after it dropped put of sight, the production manager came out with a big camera.

I swear, he almost cried when I said "Oh that C-5? It landed two minutes ago!" 😭😭😭

The A-12 is not only fast (about 2300 mph), but it can fly at an altitude of about 94,000 feet. Great for surveillance (or spying).

It's not all that unusual to see Russian aircraft flying close to the U.S. coastline up in Alaska. Sort of like an intimidation tactic they play, but no one up there turns their back on these guys. The Russians always tell our state department that they are just going through training exercises. "Yeah, OK, whatever." Here is a picture of the F-22 Raptor, which is the USAF's biggest and best plane that flies out of Elmendorf to scare off the bad guys. Believe me brothers and sisters, this is one badass airplane.

F-22 Raptor.jpg

Last edited:
If you watched the start of the Super Bowl last night, then you were treated to a beautiful rendition of the “National Anthem” along with a flyover with all Naval female pilots. I noticed among the planes were a couple of F/A-18, Super Hornets. Those are serious fighter jets that are also ground attack ready.

I would like to fly in one of these fighters and have the pilot do a few barrel rolls and and a few touch and go's. That has to be exhilarating.

Back