New to Medicare Part A and B need advice please

Twofrogs7

Hi I currently have part A and will have part B October 1st. My zip code is 36532 which is in Baldwin County Alabama.
I’ve been reading your forum trying to figure out the best way to go . I talked to a AARP insurance advisor and she said I should get Medicare Advantage HMO Walgreens Plan 1 or Plan 2 . She also suggested a supplement which was Plan F. Reading over the info on this forum it seems Plan G or N might be better. Please advise ! Confused in Alabama

168569.jpg

Hi Twofrogs7, glad you joined our forum.....I can't give my opinion cuz not very familiar with all the plans but I'm sure your will get lots of responses from our other members here ;)....we also have a category for Health Insurance.....there's lots of info there on Medicare....check it out....

Welcome Twofrogs7. I'm afraid my knowledge of this is limited. It's been a while since I signed up, and I can't remember the details of any of the plans. For Plan B I chose State Mutual. They have been very good to my husband and me. They paid for what Plan A didn't pay when my husband had his colon removed and when I had cataract surgery on both eyes. For drug coverage we chose Humana, their cheapest plan. I'm in Oregon and I don't know if what is available to me would be available to you. And I don't know what your prescription drug needs are. I do know it took a lot of studying to figure it out, and we really didn't know how it would turn out until we tried it.

welcome5.jpg

I don't know what to tell you either. I planned on calling my Office for the Aging this week to ask their advice due to getting all kinds of things in the mail about my Medicare and those plans.

Back