New York City Hospital Emergency Staff's Facing an Agonizing Uphill Battle to Help Their Patients Cheat Death

Seeing the San Francisco Airport empty like it was... simply surreal.

Sad all the way around.

Wish more people were exposed to news and videos such as thins, because there are people out there who still need wake up calls.

I can't believe the people that don't get it.

It's such a horrible virus, yet more and more people are becoming complacent, with not wearing masks, not washing their hands, and using hand sanitizer.
Thousands of people are dying every day all over the world.
How bad does it have to get before people take this virus seriously?

OMG How terribly sad, It truly has wiped out a generation.
I was working as an E.R. R.N. during the outbreak of SARS, I did not see my husband and children for 6 weeks, I wasn't alone, 3 shift worth of Nurses didn't either.

The saddest part of working through a pandemic was when we had to turn nursing home patients away, we were also hit with a gag order not to talk to the press as no one wanted to panic the public.
It made us feel so cold and uncaring, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

My heart goes out to all the staff out there working through this pandemic which is so much worse than what I went through.

Not long after the pandemic of SARS, I went into Psychiatric nursing for 12 years until I retired 3 years ago.

Nothing makes you feel so helpless as not being able to give care to those who need it the most.

Back