Newbie with a sense of humor

Hello "Good Morning New York" to you I say. It is tall tales I like to tell others Yep, uh-huh, uh-huh, about things that have actually happened {or will happen} Ha-ha-ha

I spent 4 months at Fort Drum on a military exchange as a member of the Canadian Forces in 1985. I was teaching a winter survival course along with 3 others from the Royal Canadian Regiment. The 3 other members were Mohawks from northern Quebec. Obviously we wear a totally different uniform from the guys in the 10th Mountain Division, so we stood out like onions in a garden of roses. We were a subject of attention and never ending questions about who we were and why we were there. It was fun teaching kids from Florida how to build a quick shelter in the snow, or how to use snow shoes and skis. At the end of the course, we made a big supper of moose meat stew, bannock bread, Saskatoon berries, and maple syrup pie and the young soldiers loved it. A cultural exchange to be remembered. Fort Drum is only about a hour from the St Lawrence river, and the bridge to get to Canada, yet many of the base staff had never made the trip across the bridge. Jimb in Toronto.

Back