Next chapter: shopping for new car as a single

@Marie5656 and anyone else interested....

I've had the experience just once, of purchasing a car, just a couple years old, with cash.
Very glad I did make that decision. It was right for me.

Truly enjoyed doing it at the time, and have enjoyed the feeling, ever since,
the many years of no ongoing payments.... and it is still running well ( I myself, can no longer drive, but it's running fine!)
It gave many years of service (still is) while car prices have gone up, so I don't feel any need to get anything back for it.

Last edited:
A person should shop for new insurance companies every few years. I think Marie, you may be surprised how much money you'll save with a new company. Then, when their rates increase after awhile, you go on to the next.

Try asking a broker to find you a good deal rather than the agents.

I would add to this that what is down on paper isn't necessarily what you will get from an insurance policy.
I used to sell insurance. Price and promises aren't the only factor to consider.
Many companies are very slow to honor claims, and many companies chisel out profits by fighting claims that are valid.
Reputation matters. A lot.
Fine print matters. A lot. You discover that the only way to get repairs reimbursed is if you get them done
in another city in another state. I'm not kidding.

Although possibly not practical for you, an option is to move somewhere that you don't need a vehicle to
live. Rent a car for occasional road trips. Move to where there is public transportation and Uber.

Although possibly not practical for you, an option is to move somewhere that you don't need a vehicle to
live. Rent a car for occasional road trips. Move to where there is public transportation and Uber.
welcome to the forum, pleased to see you've settled in with us very quickly :)

Marie has already bought her new car... so it's a bit of a moot point, and I'm sure @RadishRose will let you know that she is very experienced when it comes to Insurance.. :) however, you will learn as you go about most of us, , and again welcome to the forum

Thank you, hollydooolyripple.
Your point of view seems myopic. I'm not necessarily addressing an OP or the existing cliques.
In fact, I passionately despise cliques and the arrogantly entrenched.

My comment is valid to anyone it's useful to, which includes new people, not just long term users.
It is NOT a moot point, because people other than Marie can benefit from my comment.
It's amazing you appear incapable of appreciating that.
I'm not here
to conform and I'm immune to your many
apparent attempts to judge and manipulate me.
Have a nice day.

Whatever your motives, there's no cause to be rude.

Back