North Carolina Animal Shelter Seeks Forever Home For 'World's Worst Cat'

Better to be upfront and honest about her disposition then letting her be adopted and returned later.

I'd take her in. She wouldn't be any different than changing the cattitude of feral cats I took in 10 years ago. Just takes a lot of time (and plenty of patients), something a shelter doesn't have to give since they usually have so many animals.

I'm pretty sure I once had the world's worst cat, at the time. Ginger was a beautiful, blue eyed, Himalayan demon possessed feline. She hated humans, me included. I had her since she was a tiny thing and she had always been treated well. She'd bite and scratch, while attacking your face and she was always out for blood. She was fertile, so when she went into heat, the yowling kept the whole household awake. After 3 years of this, she got sick and died at the vet's office. The vet thought she may have ingested anti freeze in the garage. We didn't ask a lot of questions, since we were just glad the nightmare was over.

Any person with this attitude should never own a pet themselves!
I love animals, especially cats. There are animals who are mentally ill. I knew a cat who was vicious and violent many years ago. It was a very sad, frightening situation. I'll tell you about it one day.

I'm pretty sure I once had the world's worst cat, at the time. Ginger was a beautiful, blue eyed, Himalayan demon possessed feline. She hated humans, me included. I had her since she was a tiny thing and she had always been treated well. She'd bite and scratch, while attacking your face and she was always out for blood. She was fertile, so when she went into heat, the yowling kept the whole household awake. After 3 years of this, she got sick and died at the vet's office. The vet thought she may have ingested anti freeze in the garage. We didn't ask a lot of questions, since we were just glad the nightmare was over.

Easily remedied if you had her spayed.

Any person with this attitude should never own a pet themselves!

Humans are much more important than so called 'pets'. We have had many animals of different species including cats and dogs over the years. They were treated well but as animals not surrogate humans.

Last edited:
Easily remedied if you had her spayed.
The reason we didn't have her spayed was because we planned to breed her. She was purebred Himalayan with papers. It soon became apparent that we didn't want any demon kittens. We would have had her spayed if that would have made her tamer. We honestly didn't know what to do with her. Since she was a house cat and was never around males, she went into heat 6-7 times a year.
I'll pass your information on to friends who have problem un spayed cats.

The reason we didn't have her spayed was because we planned to breed her. She was purebred Himalayan with papers. It soon became apparent that we didn't want any demon kittens. We would have had her spayed if that would have made her tamer. We honestly didn't know what to do with her. Since she was a house cat and was never around males, she went into heat 6-7 times a year.
I'll pass your information on to friends who have problem un spayed cats.
If you didn't want ''demon kittens'', you should either have had her humanely euthanized as soon as you knew her temperament if you didn't want her, or at least have had her spayed. You, too, would have yowled if you had to endure what she did several times a year, and that went on for three years.

" No one can say with any accuracy that heat cycles are painful to cats; however from the calling (loud yowling) and other symptoms they exhibit, it would appear that they are very uncomfortable. "
http://www.bgshelterpets.com/more-about-heat-cycles.html

Catlady, thank you for your wealth of information. What happened with our "Cat From Hell" happened 30 years ago. I have had 3 female cats since then, all spayed from the get go. They were all wonderful cats and had long lives.
After continuously having cats and dogs for 48 years, I know quite a bit about them, but I still don't know everything.
I'll bet you could write volumes of books on the knowledge you've gained having multiple animals. You probably know more about some of their habits and behaviors than most vets. Thank you for sharing what you have learned.🐱

Back