Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis Phenomenon, Beautiful Photos

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I was lucky to see the Northern Lights in all their glory many years about while tent camping in the wilderness of Alaska and Canada, there are some amazing photos in this link. :cool:

Nature is a beautiful place and in these hard times when everything seems kinda sad and dull, it's always nice to look at some amazing things. These photographers managed to capture one of the wonderful things nature has given us—aurora borealis. This beautiful phenomenon occurs in the high-latitude regions because of the disturbances in the magnetosphere caused by the solar wind.

Aurora borealis is very colorful, magnificent, and even seems like something out of this world. Many people would like to see it in real life; sadly, no one knows when we will be able to travel again, so let's check out the winners of the contest organized by Capture the Atlas from the safety of our homes. They picked 25 of the best photographs for their "Northern Lights Photographer of the Year" competition.
92462337_2555873034739781_1131750867775520768_o-5fd9d2fdcbae3__880.jpg

https://www.boredpanda.com/best-northern-lights-photos-winners-capturetheatlas/

As a full-fledged Canuck, I have seen some extraordinary Northern Lights shows in my day, and these images don't disappoint.

Thank you for sharing, Seabreeze.
You're welcome Aunt Marg, I'm sure you have seen some awesome night skies. When we look around us, and up at the heavens, we can't deny that "life is good".

Back