Not sure what happened (motorcycles to scooters)

Those scooters are banned in some places used by pedestrians. I never quite understood their popularity unless as part of the "less is more" movement...

Last edited:
Seen some strange things, the lace shorts for men....lol.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bikes and scooters, started riding a moped I think when I was 12 or so. It belonged to a friend that did not like to ride it.
I owned some bigger bikes and still feel the urge every spring. Now they have the electric bikes in Canada, I don't think the riders need a license to drive them. That is scary when you see them in traffic cutting cars off. Just a personal view

Electric Bike & Electric Scooter Laws & Regulations in Canada

Owning an Electric Bike in Canada is easy. These vehicles are also known as power-assisted bicycles, electric scooters, e-bikes and e-scooters, and the laws for them are very similar to a traditional bicycle. They require no license, plates or insurance to own or operate. In Canada, Power Assisted Bicycles are classified under Federal law and each province can make minor changes such as age requirements and each municipality can make changes as to where they are permitted to be used.
We have put together a list below to some useful links to Federal, Provincial and municipal government websites. Power Assisted Bicycles (electric bikes, electric scooters, e-bikes and e-scooters) are encouraged by all levels of Government in Canada.

I got a late start. Bought my first motorcycle for my 75th birthday. A 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

290000741_6012993658716847_6885307399549013669_n.jpg

Then for my 76th Birthday I traded up to a 2023 Triumph Bonneville T100.

DSC_5026.JPG

I'm thinking about a 2024 Kawasaki W800 for my 77th which is next month.

2022-Kawasaki-W800b.jpg

It's bike week here in the Phoenix area and it's great to see all the different types of bikes on the streets. The largest Harley dealer in the world is in Scottsdale and an Indian dealer is right down the road from that so that area has been a zoo all week. Not a wild zoo or a scary zoo at all, just a fun zoo.

I bought an assembled 3-wheeled trike, chopper front forks, wide rear tires, powered by a vw engine behind the seat. 1977. Probably banned from street use today.

As an ER nurse, I had a rather strong bias against motorcycles for a long time; however, in my late 40's I was persuaded to buy a small scooter. A short while later, I bought a bigger one. (that proved to not be fast enough for me (I've always been a bit of a lead foot with the car - now I was becoming a bit "Lead handed". Next came a 400cc motorcycle, then a 550 - which I rode cross country to Syracuse, NY to visit my father.From there I headed further East into New England to visit my son, his wife and my first grandson then south to Florida, west to San Diego and finally back to Washington State..
In '93 I bought a CBR1000A with which I took a second trip East to Syracuse thru southern Canada to again visit family in New York - came home thru the middle of the US .Took several trips up to Alaska. In 2001, I bought my last bike - a CBR 1100XX - my very fav of all of them - it had atop speed if over 165 - I got it up to 149 out in the boonies, then chickened out. I loved my bikes. it was painful having to give them out in 2018 but due to a hip injury and vision problems it became necessary. Between the time I bought it and having to give it up, I rode motorcycles in a number of over seas countries - Ireland, Scotland,Japan and China.
Also rode horses - also out of country - Ireland , Spain and Austria - actually got see a dressage show at the Spanish Riding School. Horseback riding was my first love and the School and style of riding was at the top of my list. Loved it all!

Back