Notes from Pappy's diary

Took my wife to her knee doctor today and her X-rays show bone on bone in her knee cap. Now she decides if surgery is something she wants to do. It’s a nano type and it can be done as an outpatient. I think she will have it as it is so painful.

Got home and I had a rare boost of energy so I cleaned up my wife’s scooter. Who ever owned it before wasn’t big on keeping it clean. Need to find a basket to fit the brackets that are on the scooter.

Still living the dream. Pappy

View attachment 336361View attachment 336363
Looks good! I like the rear view mirror on it. That is so handy but there is no way I can have one on mine because it is not a scooter. It is good to see if someone is coming up behind you.

Took my wife to her knee doctor today and her X-rays show bone on bone in her knee cap. Now she decides if surgery is something she wants to do. It’s a nano type and it can be done as an outpatient. I think she will have it as it is so painful.

Got home and I had a rare boost of energy so I cleaned up my wife’s scooter. Who ever owned it before wasn’t big on keeping it clean. Need to find a basket to fit the brackets that are on the scooter.

Still living the dream. Pappy

View attachment 336361View attachment 336363
Nice scooter! I hope your wife can get some relief. Most people do well with surgery I think.

My wife loves her new scooter. Fixed a couple of things on it, washed it and shined up the chrome. The only thing I can’t fix is that the slow (turtle) speed doesn’t work. So if you see a maroon streak going by, it’s probably her..😋

It’s been a beautiful day here today. We stayed home and got some things done around the house. We got new covers, with pockets to cover our power chairs.
IMG_7014.jpeg

Similar to these gray ones only the pockets are bigger.

Contacted Thelma’s doctor to get her referral for knee surgery. Waiting to hear back then we can set up date to have it done.
IMG_7017.jpeg
Well that’s it from Mi and Fi. (Our grandkids gave us this label. I have it on a plate on the front of my car.)
Take care all of you,
Pappy

Tomorrow, my wife has an appointment to set up a day for surgery on her knee. She is in so much pain that I hope it is soon. This is done as an out patient, so I am curious to see how that works.

We celebrated Easter at Dennys restaurant. Not as busy as I expected and what we had was very good. Then we stopped at our favorite ice cream place and had desert.

I had a VA doctors appointment yesterday. We discussed a few things and he is going to set up an appointment for me with physical therapy in regarding to my getting a mobile scooter for my use.
We also went over all my meds and brought them up to date. A few had expired without my knowledge.

We are getting slammed this month with extra bills. House insurance, car insurance, hospital and ambulance bill and a couple others that escape me right now. Geez..😒

All we all need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt..😊

You all have a great day. Living the dream…..Pappy.

Good morning. A beautiful morning here in Florida today. Sun shining in front window and a cool 65 degrees. Nothing planned for today except possibly a hot dog and milkshake run for lunch.

Still waiting to hear from doctor when Thelma can get her knee replaced. She is so restricted that we can’t do much that requires any walking. We have always enjoyed flea markets and walks along the ocean.

My golf cart has a flat tire so I messaged my go to cart guy. Only problem is, it went to a retired fellow in Las Vegas. Well, we had a nice conversation online. I’ll just stop over and see my cart guy, person to person.

On the 17th, I go to my local VA therapy dept. to see if I’m eligible to receive a mobile scooter. I think I have a good chance with my balance problems and COPD. Anyway…keep your fingers crossed for me. ☺️

Thelma needs two teeth pulled and one crown. We have two options. Do the crown and not replace the two teeth. $2900, or pull the teeth, do the crown and get a bridge to replace the teeth, $4900. She hasn’t decide yet because she’s waiting to see when they are going to do knee replacement.

That’s all part of Living the Dream…I guess.
Pappy.

A beautiful day again today in Florida. 71 degrees and no humidity. Got up at 5:30, made some coffee and got caught up on my iPad. Got playing Words w/ Friends a few years ago and have a great list of folks to play. Takes awhile but I go through them pretty fast. Then on to Facebook with my daily coffee greetings.

Got real busy at 9 am as Theresa, our housekeeper, came to help us out with tough chores we no longer can do. Theresa comes to clean every two weeks. At the same time, our Instacart grocery order came to deliver or order. A little hectic for a few minutes.

I expect the rest of our Saturday to be quite uneventful.
Still Living the dream folks.
Pappy

Well, another Tuesday and no doctors appointments, yea. Yesterday was a crazy day. Everything that could go wrong did. Started out with a flat tire on my golf cart. Spilled my drink at the supper table and our oven isn’t heating the way it should. We ended up cooking our baked ziti in the microwave. 😠

A really weird thing happened early this morning to my iPad. About 6 am, a sign came up and said, this is your new WiFi signal. I apologize for the language but it said…Jimkellysuxmy balls. Then the WiFi went off and everything started acting weird. I’ve been hacked before but never my WiFi. I shut everything down, reset my modem and when I restarted my iPad, it was back to normal. All the years I’ve been online, this is a first. It’s getting scary out there folks.

Living the Dream,
Pappy

A nice day here in Florida so we went out for lunch. After that, we went to BJs to renew our yearly membership.
Yesterday I drove up to the VA to go to an appointment I had with the therapy department to discuss a mobile scooter. They are going to deliver this model soon I hope. Four wheel drive, breaks down in three pieces to fit in back of my car. Top speed..4.7 mph.
IMG_7338.jpeg

That's the kind most of my friends here drive. They are really useful plus fun to drive.
That's the kind most of my friends here drive. They are really useful plus fun to drive.
I couldn’t get a large one because the car I drive would not handle a rack that attaches to the back. I had fun driving it around the halls at VA yesterday. I’m so grateful that I got this one.

A nice day here in Florida so we went out for lunch. After that, we went to BJs to renew our yearly membership.
Yesterday I drove up to the VA to go to an appointment I had with the therapy department to discuss a mobile scooter. They are going to deliver this model soon I hope. Four wheel drive, breaks down in three pieces to fit in back of my car. Top speed..4.7 mph.
View attachment 341304
Did you get your new wheels yesterday? Thats a fine looking unit. A nice set of wheels.

Last edited:
What a crazy day. My iPad started going nuts yesterday and would not allow me to go to my important websites. So this morning I decided to see if it was something I could fix. I did get it running okay after spending all day working on it.
It seems that somehow, I never click on unknown web sites, a hacker got into my WiFi settings and was using some of my info. Of course I panicked that he would get into my bank account and wipe out my funds.
I took every precaution I could, changing passwords first. Then I noticed in my WiFi settings a strange setting. I won’t repeat it here, it was very dirty and not worth repeating. I eliminated the setting, restarted my iPad and slowing everything came back to normal. I hope some asshat out there had fun at my expense.

Got an Instacart delivery this morning which means a roast beef sub for supper. My next door neighbor was over for a few minutes. They will be leaving for PA on the 29th. Both my neighbors on either side will be gone for the summer.

That’s about all the excitement this old fart can take in one day. Se you next time.
Pappy

Trouble sleeping last night. Lately it’s hard for me to sleep more than 5 hours. So I put in my earbuds and listened to Coast to Coast AM. Good show last night.
Just got offline from watching my churches Sunday service. What a great feature this is to be able to attend service at home.
Not much else going on today, so have a great day….Pappy

Back