Nothing Beats Marriage

Mitch86

My advice to all seniors living alone is to find a wife as soon as possible. You can find them in churches and even here in Senior Forums. I'm married to the same woman for 62 years (I'm 88). If she does die before me, I'd have another wife within 30 days. Don't look for looks and sex. Look for empathy and sympathy.

I'm 22 years married...32 together.

I'm kind of an old Dad as well as I had my daughters at the age of 38. Doubt I'd ever remarry if Hon passed away. I might find a gal for companionship, though. Marriage has been good to me...I can't complain.

My advice to all seniors living alone is to find a wife as soon as possible. You can find them in churches and even here in Senior Forums. I'm married to the same woman for 62 years (I'm 88). If she does die before me, I'd have another wife within 30 days. Don't look for looks and sex. Look for empathy and sympathy.
"If she does die before me, I'd have another wife within 30 days."
If she reads this, I don't know about you making 89. :ROFLMAO:

Well, I don't know, I have known many men that remarried just a few months after being widowed. Seems to me that is often the case these days. I am sure there is not true love there but the need of two people who are afraid of being alone.
I don't think it's entirely a case of being afraid of being alone. More like being afraid of having to start doing their own laundry, and their own cooking and cleaning. :rolleyes:

When I see a happy marriage, it makes me happy.
Even though it ended suddenly for me at age 60, I am not bitter. I was angry/sad for a year, but it passed. Now it is almost six years. I have adapted to this single life probably a little too well. Maybe I have become selfish? Could be.

I don't think I would look for a wife if I lost my wife of 53 years. I might hire a maid/ housekeeper but nothing more. I saw my mom and father-in-law live alone for some time after the death of their spouse. I know how hard it is, but having someone new with all the problems that could cause, is not what I would do. I would get out and be with people, but not looking for a new mate...

Back