Now A Widow So She Is Losing Life Long Friends

fmdog44

I just read in a seniors newspaper about senior women that have become widows are then rejected by long term friends simply because they are single. Often husbands prefer their wives from continued friendships. Some "friends" now see her as man hungry so they don't want her near their husbands, etc. It is kind of unbelievable that some people see them that way.

Yes, in many such situations, that occurs - both with widows and widowers. It's partly due to insecurity. "Now that he/she has no one, he/she will be after my spouse."

I just read in a seniors newspaper about senior women that have become widows are then rejected by long term friends simply because they are single. Often husbands prefer their wives from continued friendships. Some "friends" now see her as man hungry so they don't want her near their husbands, etc. It is kind of unbelievable that some people see them that way.
That has been my experience as a divorced woman as well.

Yes, in many such situations, that occurs - both with widows and widowers. It's partly due to insecurity. "Now that he/she has no one, he/she will be after my spouse."
It happened to me, I took it as an absolute insult and told her ‘I wouldn’t want him if he was the last man on Earth, I’m more of a man than he would ever be’ !! (Lost a friend but, sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is .....:ROFLMAO:

This is so common. Other women get very territorial about their men if there's a single woman around. I was single for about 16 years after my divorce (by choice) before I met my now husband, fortunately I had female and male friends who were also single.

However I witnessed the look on womens' faces on a couple of occasions , if their husbands who may have been buddies with my single male friends even spoke to me even in passing .. as if I'd have been interested in their men, it's laughable, but it just goes to show how insecure some woman are in their relationships.

This is so common. Other women get very territorial about their men if there's a single woman around. I was single for about 16 years after my divorce (by choice) before I met my now husband, fortunately I had female and male friends who were also single.

However I witnessed the look on womens' faces on a couple of occasions , if their husbands who may have been buddies with my single male friends even spoke to me even in passing .. as if I'd have been interested in their men, it's laughable, but it just goes to show how insecure some woman are in their relationships.
and for the most part, you couldn't give me their husbands if you paid me to take them :p

Back