Now the leftovers.....

Marie5656

What do you usually do with Thanksgiving leftovers? I sent a lot home with my two guests, so I have a bit less than usual this year. I went out today and bought some ingredients for a possible turkey soup. I still have a few containers of the chicken soup I made and froze, but then I do tend to eat a lot of soup in the winter.
I am going to do something slightly different with the soup this year (because I can). I bought a can of Cream of Mushroom soup which I am going to add to the broth for some thickness. I often add a few leftover mashed potatoes (if I have any), again for some creaminess and flavor). I usually try to experiment a bit. Not always successfully, but I enjoy testing the results.

My lady made soup
Not just any soup
Don't know what all is in there, but the aroma carried me into the kitchen
Large chunks of veggies, meats, sinking their flavors into the rice and potatoes

We still have a large caldron left...the 2nd one.

We'll be taking it to the hobo camp just outa town, by the rail yard
Gotta stop at the dollar store for large cups and plastic spoons first

It'll be a good day...for many

My lady made soup
Not just any soup
Large chunks of veggies, meats, sinking their flavors into the rice and potatoes

That is 👏 awesome

Well, we were going to do a little soup thing off the back of my pickup, using our camp stove, kind of an all afternoon thing ever so oftern, at the edge of the Wallyworld parking lot.
But found out we'd be arrested.
We're doing the church thing with serving the homeless, but thought we could sneak this gig in as a more personal endeavor.

There's a pretty good sized camp not far from Wallyworld

Now that’s what you call ‘left over turkey” strategy. Lol 👍. I make turkey soup. Even though it was the US Thanksgiving, I cooked a turkey also. The dogs ate most of it but I had some.

My lady made soup
Not just any soup

Attachments

• c6c41ed61a1ed83c500c7ab0e5a54bfc.jpg
    c6c41ed61a1ed83c500c7ab0e5a54bfc.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0

Back