Ohio Governor Mike DeWine Has Tested Positive for Covid 19

Just announced that Ohio Governor who tested positive, tested negative a few hours later.
Some test.....
Yes I heard the same thing on the news and it makes me wonder about these tests they are giving out.

Yes I heard the same thing on the news and it makes me wonder about these tests they are giving out.
This happens quite often. Several weeks ago, I learned that NO test discloses Covid-19; it only discloses any virus. A "Positive" test only means someone had a virus. Who hasn't had any viruses in their lifetime?
That actor who died recently (Nick Cordero) also tested negative twice while he was hospitalized, then they claimed he tested positive at a later date.
That means I would also test positive; I've had Shingles and the flu once, plus a few other virus colds (most colds are viruses).
The tests they're constantly advertising? Probably just to bill Medicare for each one. And every "Positive" test is B.S. Which makes ya wonder what other B.S. they're telling us.
And people wonder why some don't take this seriously.......

According to the Chicago Tribune:
COLUMBUS, OHIO — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tested negative for COVID-19 on Thursday after testing positive earlier in the day before he was to meet with President Donald Trump, according to a statement from his office.

His wife, Fran DeWine, also tested negative, as did staff members. They underwent a different type of test in Columbus; one considered to be more accurate than the rapid-result test which showed DeWine to be positive for COVID-19 just ahead of a planned meeting with Trump in Cleveland.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...0200806-potbtlft7fasvlk2lnihiadya4-story.html

This happens quite often. Several weeks ago, I learned that NO test discloses Covid-19; it only discloses any virus. A "Positive" test only means someone had a virus. Who hasn't had any viruses in their lifetime?
That actor who died recently (Nick Cordero) also tested negative twice while he was hospitalized, then they claimed he tested positive at a later date.
That means I would also test positive; I've had Shingles and the flu once, plus a few other virus colds (most colds are viruses).
The tests they're constantly advertising? Probably just to bill Medicare for each one. And every "Positive" test is B.S. Which makes ya wonder what other B.S. they're telling us.
And people wonder why some don't take this seriously.......
I've never heard this and can't find any evidence of it after a quick internet search. Please cite your source.

And just hours later, they tested negative.....Which brings to mind the accuracy of all these test.

But hey ...... Let's stop liquor sales at ten PM.....that should fix it.....<sarc>

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html
  • A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
  • Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 may provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies may provide or how long this protection may last.
  • Talk with your healthcare provider about your test result and the type of test you took to understand what your result means. Your provider may suggest you take a second type of antibody test to see if the first test was accurate.
  • You should continue to protect yourself and otherssince you could get infected with the virus again.
    • If you work in a job where you wear personal protective equipment (PPE), continue wearing PPE.
  • You may test positive for antibodies even if you have never had symptoms of COVID-19. This can happen if you had an infection without symptoms, which is called an asymptomatic infection.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html
  • A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
  • Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 may provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies may provide or how long this protection may last.
  • Talk with your healthcare provider about your test result and the type of test you took to understand what your result means. Your provider may suggest you take a second type of antibody test to see if the first test was accurate.
  • You should continue to protect yourself and otherssince you could get infected with the virus again.
    • If you work in a job where you wear personal protective equipment (PPE), continue wearing PPE.
  • You may test positive for antibodies even if you have never had symptoms of COVID-19. This can happen if you had an infection without symptoms, which is called an asymptomatic infection.
Well, thanks for that...makes some sense of it all.

So if he was social distancing, and masking, and doing all the things., how did he get it?
If you had read this thread it says he was tested again and the test was negative this time.

But anyone can get it! Our eyes are not protected from the droplets others breathe into the air--takes about 10 minutes of sitting with someone breathing (who is infected) to be infected by it. Our eyes nose and mouth take the virus in.

A "Positive" test only means someone had a virus. Who hasn't had any viruses in their lifetime?

Win, where did you ever get this idea? Complete nonsense! Why are you spreading lies?

About the Ohio governor's test, I have read that the most common error in testing for this disease is false positives. Which is probably a lot better than false negatives! All that might do is needlessly alarm people, but a false positive doesn't kill anyone, unless it frightens them to death.

All disease testing is an inexact science. I doubt that there is any test for any disease that is 100% accurate. But they do keep working on them and improving their accuracy. That's all we can do.

Win, where did you ever get this idea? Complete nonsense! Why are you spreading lies?

About the Ohio governor's test, I have read that the most common error in testing for this disease is false positives. Which is probably a lot better than false negatives! All that might do is needlessly alarm people, but a false positive doesn't kill anyone, unless it frightens them to death.

All disease testing is an inexact science. I doubt that there is any test for any disease that is 100% accurate. But they do keep working on them and improving their accuracy. That's all we can do.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point. It might help if you read it several times without your revulsion for facts you'd rather not acknowledge.

Back