Older People Are Pretty Cool

Fantastic...!!! Well when this pandemic is all over and we can all get out again, you must let me know when you're both going to be dancing , or showing off your MG and we'll come and watch
old photos 489.JPGshake and stir tango.jpg

We will have to get you along to the Shake & Stir festival. Vintage cars, lots of dancing and plenty of old style charm, to say nothing of the number of booze outlets!

Old-People-with-Tattoos-14-e1504169680515-650x650.jpg
Is that you, Radish? I want that to be you! How fun and cool!😎😂

Coolest old person Mayor Canada ever had! Hazel McCallion; Mayor of Mississauga. Retired at 93 after 36 years as Mayor & will be 100 in just over a week from now (Feb. 14th 2021!
She was often referred to as Hurricane Hazel because she was ferocious in fighting for the rights of her city! (y)
Hazel.jpg

"Not many of us will be around at her age, let alone still up and about serving warm beverages to others, but Mary Cotter seems to have actual super powers above and beyond the outfit she wore on her 103rd birthday".

"She certainly lassos our attention. And at 103, she is in fact old enough to have dated a World War II-era Steve Trevor. Being a former swim champion seems to have contributed to her good health, which bodes well for Aquaman".
iu

Last edited:
"Our Education is Never Complete"
Kansas-born Nola Ochs took her first college course at Fort Hays State University (then known as Kansas State College) in 1930 — but didn’t complete her degree until 2007, at the age of 95, becoming the nation’s oldest college graduate. After raising four sons and becoming a grandmother to 13 and great-grandmother to 15, Ochs started taking a few classes at her local community college to keep herself busy. Before she knew it, she was just 30 hours shy of a bachelor’s degree, and she decided to re-enroll at FHSU.

But graduating with a 3.7 GPA — alongside her 21-year-old granddaughter! — wasn’t quite enough: Ochs then decided to get her master’s degree in liberal studies, which she received from FHSU in May 2010 at the age of 98. "I would like, in the long run, to encourage people to keep on learning," she told FHSU’s newspaper, Tiger Talk.
"Our education is never complete."
pg-03-nola-ochs-super-seniors-full.jpg

Frances Woofenden is not your typical granny. Why?

Woofenden is a competitive water-skier who is age 80 and more than 100 medals to her name.
Even more impressive, Woofenden didn't start waterskiing until she moved to Florida at age 50.

Decked out in pink lipstick, gold hoop earrings, and a backless bathing suit, she's as stylish as she is skilled.
"What did you want, me to wear bloomers?" she asked CBS News during an interview.
pg-07-frances-woofenden-super-seniors-full.jpg

Last edited:

Back