Older People Are Pretty Cool

pexels-photo-8087734.jpeg

Seems quite a few "millennials" are kinda down on us boomers. But I'm apt to think it really may be envy instead.

We lived through and enjoyed the Fifties, the Sixties, the Seventies, the Eighties, the Nineties, the 2000s and beyond!
Some here even enjoyed the Thirties and Forties! And maybe even the Twenties!

The music, the clothes, the hairstyles, the culture! And we're still rockin'!

Seems quite a few "millennials" are kinda down on us boomers. But I'm apt to think it really may be envy instead.

We lived through and enjoyed the Fifties, the Sixties, the Seventies, the Eighties, the Nineties, the 2000s and beyond!
Some here even enjoyed the Thirties and Forties! And maybe even the Twenties!

The music, the clothes, the hairstyles, the culture! And we're still rockin'!
When we were growing up in the 50's, large extended families served as the linkage between our generations, that helped us grow and function together. Families are no longer doing that.

Here's a good article about the difference in generational cultures in the non-profit field, but there is also good information for everyone. Understanding the Different Cultures of Different Generations

When we were growing up in the 50's, large extended families served as the linkage between our generations, that helped us grow and function together. Families are no longer doing that.

Here's a good article about the difference in generational cultures in the non-profit field, but there is also good information for everyone. Understanding the Different Cultures of Different Generations
Thank you sir, yes, good article.
I'd like young people to understand that millions of older people like myself still have very clear, vivid memories of things going all the way back to childhood. I remember clearly what it was like as a 10 year old, a 20 year old and a 30 year old. Just because there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's no fire in the boiler ;)

On a another note, it strikes me now how each decade before 2000 had it's own different, special flavor. This doesn't seem to exist so much now. Envision how different each decade during the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's was. Creativity in music and movies especially seemed to begin to dry up during the 90's. A side effect of technology? Or maybe it's just my perception.

Back