Older People Are Pretty Cool

1f534cf49e34261ac088d097e35b43ef.jpg

Old is the new young and cool (LINK)
information_items_3493.jpg

There is nothing bad in 'oldness', it is not to be afraid of advancing years, that women - and men too - can still look great as they age. Picture : Igor Gavar

"His project Oldushka sets out to investigate the contemporary character of an elderly people in Russia as seen through street fashion. The 29 year old photographer's heroes are always random passersby, pictured on the streets of various cities, among them his native Omsk. "

"Igor avowed aim is to show society that there is nothing bad in 'oldness', it is not to be afraid of advancing years, that women - and men too - can still look great as they age, and that every stage of life has its own beauty. He hopes to show that grandmothers (babushkas) can be modern, stylish and really beautiful in their old age, regardless of negative stereotypes."

I know my family view me as totally bonkers, as all my 70th birthday cards last week would indicate.:D I am now so very old I was around when the dinosaurs were strutting their stuff on Earth!

Here is a photo I took a few minutes ago of this ancient relic, I hope it isn't too frightening.:DMe 30.01.2020..JPG

Back