Older People Are Pretty Cool

When your walker needs an upgrade........:unsure:
iu

A 104-year-old man wants to buy a new CAR... What happens next shocks the whole WORLD...

Since our childhood we’ve been told to treat senior people with sympathy and respect. We’ve been taught to help them, yield seats, give up our place in line, and so on.

Just Rock It! (link)
2016-07-05-1467727452-3376591-PURCHASED7815GettyImages1082689921-thumb.jpg

NOTE: I'm not quite sure what the above picture is showing us. It could be the same person photographed six times....or sextuplets....! They look like the same person. Check the link, above, on the aging experience.

Last edited:
As a pensioner, I get to sit in the front of the city buses where the seats are low and easy to access and where there is a blue “stop” button that requires the driver to lower the bus at the next stop. Sitting there, with other pensioners, is the only place in town where you’ll meet people who will tell you what they really think about any subject.

https://media.tenor.com/images/e9d3581435cac11177d0688da0e2eba2/tenor.gif

That's an interesting comment Verisure. The bus must have an expensive hydraulic system under it to be able to lower the whole bus. I like that your country takes care of seniors to that extent.
Yes, it's very nice. It lowers only the right side of the bus so if you need to use the addition hinged ramp it makes it easier for wheelchairs too. And pensioners ride the bus free, except during rush hour between 15:00 and 18:00.

Nothing like a little humor to get us through our old-age blues on some days, right?
Now here's a cool older person who wrote this song herself and sings it.
She'll tell you about her 5 boyfriends at the end so don't miss it.
But forgive her one bad S-word right outta' the gate. Then she behaves herself.

US190499A.jpg

Courtesy Jay Leno
Jay Leno's parents, Catherine and Angelo

"I had very good parents. My mother came to this country from Scotland by herself when she was 11, and she didn’t have much of an education. My dad was kind of a street kid, and he eventually went into the insurance business, selling nickel policies door-to-door. It was the 1930s, a time when America was a lot more racist and segregated than it is now".

"One day, my dad asked his boss, “What’s the toughest market to sell?” and the insurance guy replied, “Well, black people. They don’t buy insurance.” My dad thought, But they have kids; they have families. Why wouldn’t they buy insurance? So he said, “Give me Harlem.” He took the Harlem territory and sold nickel policies; every Friday, he would go around and collect the nickel and give his customers a receipt on the policy".

"When my dad died in 1994, I talked about him on The Tonight Show. I told the story of how he worked in Harlem and how he always taught us to be open-minded and not to say or think racist things. Then one day, I got a letter from a woman who was about 75 years old".

"She wrote that when she was a little girl, a man used to come to her house to collect on policies, and he would always bring her a lollipop. She said this man was the only white person who had ever come to dinner at their house and the only white person she had ever had dinner with period until she got to be almost an adult. The man was very kind to her, she said, and his name was Angelo—was this my father"?

"The letter made me cry. I called her up and said yes, that was in fact my dad, and she told me how kind he had been to her family. Her whole attitude toward white people was based on that one nice man she met in her childhood, who always treated her with kindness and respect and always gave her a piece of candy and asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. From this experience, I learned a valuable life lesson: to never judge people and to be open-minded and kind to others".

Philip Glass on his 84th birthday​

"This performance is for the listeners whom I have never met" - Philip Glass, 1/31/21 Manhattan, NY Happy 84th Birthday

That's an interesting comment Verisure. The bus must have an expensive hydraulic system under it to be able to lower the whole bus. I like that your country takes care of seniors to that extent.
Lara, if you haven’t been on a bus recently you may not know that many/most of them are like that now in Canada & the US.

Back