One last concert

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
I used to go to concerts during the 1970s, but not much since then. If I could go to one more concert I would like to see Jeff Beck.
If it were your last concert who would you see?

Last edited:
I don't fully understand what you wrote, but I hope it works out well for you.

And welcome to the forum, also!

The only concerts I've ever been to were due to women with which I was involved. In the 70's I saw the Eagles, ELO, Doobie Brothers, and Steve Martin. The 80's: Alabama, 90's: Garrison Keillor.

But there was one concert I really wished I had gone. In 1976, I was 19 years old, working in a department store, when a fella who worked the record department said he was going to go buy tickets for Elvis. He asked me if I wanted any. Tickets were about $5 or $6.
I said, "Naaaah". And I was a pretty big fan of Elvis at that time.

The fella got seats about 5 rows from stage.

Dummy me.

Last edited:
If I knew it was going to be my last concert I'd spend the money to see someone I really wanted to see where I thought the ticket prices were too high. I'd even consider flying somewhere for a special show if I were fortunate enough to get tickets. I'd much rather see someone in a small, intimate venue if possible. There isn't anyone I have in mind for this but there are plenty of artists I've skipped because the ticket prices were too high for me.

BTW I still go to concerts and last year was probably my biggest year for live music in my life. I saw 45 different artists at 22 separate shows over the course of the year.

I met Lionel Richie one time when he appeared in Philly. Somehow, I got stuck on security. (First time ever and it never happened again.) All those women that wanted to touch him really freaked me out. Anyway, I was able to see him for free, which I just saw not long ago that his tickets are now $200 each in Las Vegas.

If it was my very last concert, (don't laugh), I would like to go back in time and see the "original" Lettermen (Jim, Tony and Bob) in concert. Now those men knew how to harmonize.

They sang one song that I still play today about being in high school and graduation comes upon them. The name of the song is, "Valley High." I also have this album as shown on YouTube.

Holy smoke! Which was your favorite show or artist?

Only one final concert? Hmmm. If Talking Heads would be so kind as to reunite for lil ole me, I'd be much obliged.

My favorite live band last year was one out of Brighton, UK called Penelope Isles. I actually got to see them twice, once in London in late January and then they played on my birthday up in San Francisco and I got to see them there as well.

I saw Talking Heads twice for free, both times at Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley for noon concerts.

I have seen so many acts in person and a couple of them twice. I've gotten turned off to live concerts due to sound, seating and lighting issues but I really wish I could have seen Santana live.

Back