One of my favorite old tv shows:

As a kid I really liked watching the original Lassie series, especially when it featured Timmy in the episodes. Always admired collie dogs but never owned one unfortunately.

my sister owned 2 lassie dogs....and they were very snappy dogs....
Often biting people ....🥴

Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Love Boat, The Partridge Family, The Brady Bunch, The Walton's, Little House on the Prairie, Gomer Pyle....

Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Love Boat, The Partridge Family, The Brady Bunch, The Walton's, Little House on the Prairie, Gomer Pyle....

I loved the old Green Acres. Arnold the Pig was one of my favorite characters. I also liked the farm extension guy, but I've forgotten his name.

Remember how the Douglases had numbers on electric appliances because they could only plug in a total of whatever number at once or the fuse would blow? When we were in Germany, we had to do basically the same thing plugging in American appliances on our transformers. Everybody called it "the Green Acres effect." It could be tricky. If someone was using a hair dryer and someone else came along and plugged in the coffee pot the transformer would blow, and transformers were NOT cheap to replace. So we had a list with numbers, just like Green Acres.

Fred Gwynne was perfect for the role of Herman Munster - especially because of his size & appearance due to a hormonal condition called "Acromegaly" which causes abnormal height & other facial features, as well as (unfortunately) a shortened life span (66 years). Several actors had this condition: Paul Benedict (the Englishman on "The Jeffersons), Richard Kiel ("Jaws" on the James Bond movies), Ted Cassidy ("Lurch" on The Adams Family), Andre The Giant, Tony Robbins.
I have (had) an uncle who said that he bought a used car from Fred Gwynne at a car lot somewhere in CA, uncle was always truthfull wilth me, but I still sometimes wonder if its true.

Remember the Disneyland Show, which was educational as well as entertaining? I loved 'Davy Crockett' and 'Daniel Boone' with Fess Parker and 'The Swamp Fox' (dramatic anthology about our Revolution from England) where I first saw the later-to-be hilarious Leslie Nielson.

I had to think this over. TV and I grew up together. My most favorite show was/is "Perry Mason". I remember sitting on the couch with my mom and dad trying to figure out who dun it. There's all kinds of dynamics in the show. Perry, the fighter for the innocent. Good guys vs. bad guys. Justice system-good and fair. Plus trying to figure it out before Perry did. I watch it sometime twice day on MeTV, and well I have the box set, too. I've been watching it for 70 years, so yeah I know who 'dun' it as soon as I see the opening credits..

Back