Opening Christmas Gifts

This made me laugh debodun---===when we had the boys at home we had big tree always ' with loads of gifts put around , the boys in the morning would have breeky first then go watch some early tv and gaze at the prezzies lol.. they where both like a trained dog OK'' undo some not all hubby would say ' then after the Christmas dinner ' it happened all over again but it gave them something to look forward to through the day 'same ritual every year ' hahah OH' HOW I MISS ALL THAT !

A few in the morning before we go for our Christmas lunch, and the rest in the afternoon

I'm a solid 5 at this point in my life!

When I was in the game we opened one small gift on Christmas Eve. and the rest on Christmas morning after breakfast.

We always dragged out the gift opening process by having each person open a gift and then move on to the next person, etc... The paper and bow savers in the family managed to drag it out even longer.

Since my brother moved away there is no Christmas for me anymore. But when I was younger or a child we opened gifts on Christmas Eve and then went to our 2 sets of grandparents and opened gifts there too. When my brother was still in town he and his kids would open gifts on
Christmas Eve and the rest of us would open them on Christmas when we visited. Christmas was very hard for me last year; I hope it's better this year.

We opened ours up first thing Christmas morning but I can relate to the paper and bow savers dragging it out forever. They have to properly fold the wrapping paper so it can be used again.

My husband and I rip ours open and throw the wrapping everywhere. It’s almost the favourite part.😱

We opened ours on Christmas morning and I grew up thinking everyone did that. When I was in college, I dated a fellow whose family did it on Christmas eve. It seemed almost sacrilege to me. When I questioned him about it he said his family had a German roots and that opening gifts on the eve was a German tradition. Some European customs differ from American - the Dutch do it on St. Nicholas day which is December 5th and in Italy it's January 6th (Epiphany).

Back