Our beautiful, Aubrey.

PamfromTx

SF VIP
IMG_1181.JPG

My husband's son has a now 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship. Aubrey is a joy!

My stepson and Aubrey's mother have had a horrific relationship; the woman was determined all of these years to make my stepson give up all parental rights so that her present husband could adopt Aubrey. She finally succeeded recently and so, we will never see Aubrey again is what we have learned. We haven't seen her since 2017. I miss her terribly. She was the closest to a granddaughter that I would ever have and I adore her.

All we have now are the wonderful memories of how she made us laugh. We remember the times that we all would have so much fun. Thank goodness for the memories.

I only hope that when she becomes of legal age ... she will hunt us down. :cry:IMG_0943.JPGmisc photos 266.jpgIMG_0937.JPG

@PamfromTx
"the woman was determined all of these years to make my stepson give up all parental rights so that her present husband could adopt Aubrey. She finally succeeded"

How? How did she finally succeed? Did she blackmail him or...........How? What could persuade him to give up claim to his child?

So sorry Pam it stinks when love hurts.

We are not allowed to get in touch with her. Heartbreaking for us both.
A suggestion-cards maybe small presents for holidays certainly birthdays. Write little notes, letters as she gets older about your life what you are doing. Tuck these away, have your stepson do this as well. Because if she ever does find you guys, you have “stuff” to PROVE you always loved her, to PROVE, you always thought of her, to PROVE, you never gave up on her.

One day these things might mean the WORLD to her. Just a suggestion.

Oh and pictures of you all as time passes.

Oh how sad. In that first picture, she looks like you!
Maybe things will change in the future. 🌹
when we first saw a picture of Aubrey as a toddler, I thought she looked exactly like Pam, so I was totally amazed when you said , Pam, that she was of no blood relation at all, and in fact your husbands' grand- daughter... I'm so sorry you won't get to see her again for a while.. that's heartbreaking for you all, but fingers crossed in just a short few years she'll come looking ..

when we first saw a picture of Aubrey as a toddler, I thought she looked exactly like Pam, so I was totally amazed when you said , Pam, that she was of no blood relation at all, and in fact your husbands' grand- daughter... I'm so sorry you won't get to see her again for a while.. that's heartbreaking for you all, but fingers crossed in just a short few years she'll come looking ..
You just made me tear up @hollydolly by reminding me that Aubrey is not blood related to me. To me, she is part of me and always will be. I helped raise her.

By the way, I messaged her mother in Facebook in desperation to hopefully be able to wish her a happy 13th birthday. We never heard from her and / or her mother again.

I wish I had not opened up about my Aubrey. It is too painful. Enough said.

Dearest Pam, how heartbreaking 💔. Very special prayers that one day soon you will reunite. It happens all the time andI will pray so hard that it will happen for you. Keep the hope and love alive, as painful as it is to do so ❤️❤️

I'm with Pepper here, how did this woman succeed in getting your step son to relinquish all parental rights? Also, at age 13 she's old enough to decide what family members she wishes to see. That's how it is in Jersey anyhow.

Aww, I'm so sad for you. It breaks my heart. She's beautiful. Someday she will want to know all about her roots. Technology will advance and maybe make it easier to find you.

Thank you to those who had kind words to express. As I said yesterday... I think I have opened up enough on this situation. I wish to not comment any further.

While snooping around Facebook to see if there were any current photos of our sweet Aubrey, I came upon this one. She has matured into such a beautiful young woman. I can't believe this is the same little girl. Her mother and stepdaddy renewed their vows, this time in a Catholic Church and they were dressed up in Roaring 20s attire.Screenshot_20210227-032004_Facebook.jpgThat's her younger brother (who is taller than her) and her mother pictured.

Last edited:
Pam! I am just now seeing this photo of Aubrey! For you to see that she is healthy, beautiful, and happy must truly satisfy one piece of the total, even if it's a small piece...it's a step. I know you had mixed emotions when you found it but not knowing if she's alright is part of the pain that is now relieved. Let's just cherish the little things for now and continue not to lose hope.

Back