Our community room will reopen next week

Marie5656

Seems our fire ravaged community room will be ready for reopening next week. Probably Tuesday. Furniture not all replaced yet, we still need a couch and a couple more chairs, but we will be able to go back in. Those who do not have wheel chairs or walkers to sit in will have folding chairs to sit in. But it is something.
The are having a Covid booster clinic on Tuesday, for those who still need it. Then back to sort of normal. So the plans for our Spaghetti dinner and a Super Bowl party are back on. Our building manager is going to rent a big screen TV for Super Bowl Sunday evening. We are doing the dinner in the afternoon before the game, so those who are not interested in the game can come and eat, then leave.

Last edited:
Seems our fire ravaged community room will be ready for reopening next week. Probably Tuesday. Furniture not all replaced yet, we still need a couch and a couple more chairs, but we will be able to go back in. Those who do not have wheel chairs or walkers to sit in will have folding chairs to sit in. But it is something.
The are having a Covid booster clinic on Tuesday, for those who still need it. Then back to sort of normal. So the plans for our Spaghetti dinner and a Super Bowl party are back on. Our building manager is going to rent a big screen TV for Super Bowl Sunday evening. We are doing the dinner in the afternoon before the game, so those who are not interested in the game can come and eat, then leave.
Lucky you; I'm sort of jealousy! Our common room has not seen a living soul since I moved in here. No sign if and when it will be opened. Of course, I live in Canada; the home of ultra conservative people who wouldn't use a common room, remove any masks nor stop social distancing unless everything is perfectly safe. Canadians want guarantees and they have to be iron-clad. Me, I say, open it all up and let's get our lives back. The locals probably consider me as some sort of rebel. I just like to think of myself as politically incorrect and a person that thinks for himself rather than follow the crowd. The crowd might be right but some times the crowd is totally wrong.

Back