Our local Chinese takeout cost more than a good steak!

Ruth n Jersey

The hubby and I rarely get take out but on Valentines Day we usually order Chinese.
I understand that all these restaurants are hurting because of covid but more than double the price and half the rice and one tea bag seems excessive to me.
I asked my son who has his own business if he is charging more and he said only if his supplies go up in price and not for labor.
I think thats fair.
Have you noticed the prices being ridiculously high if you get take out?

I notice it but I always attribute it to me being out of circulation for the last 15 years.

I experience sticker shock for most things these days.

I can't imagine what it costs young folks to go on a date these days.

"Our local Chinese takeout cost more than a good steak!"

Yeah, I don't buy anything "Made in China" anymore....and EVERYTHING is made in China...noticing that more and more.

Bring on the tacos:LOL: Love fish tacos. But not all fish tacos are alike. I make my own

fish-tacos-2-768x1152.jpg

NO...chinese food has always been pretty affordable here, and I can't say I've noticed any difference, but then they've been open all of the lockdown, so they've really not lost anything

Food costs are higher, demand is lower, while rents, utilities, bus. taxes, etc., still must be paid.

Cheap = volume. Chain fast food is your best bet for that.

In our area it's estimated at least 35+% of small business have closed, and the total will probably go even higher. Some are forecasting 55-65% failure rate for small businesses over the next 4-12 months.

I do not think it is universal but many restaurant places near me have just upped their prices and think that the Covid excuse will be accepted and in a large part it is......others saw it for what it was and they lost business.
other places have blamed bad customer service ...un-returned phone calls etc on it and think they get a pass... many people do not see it until it effects them personally.....

I do not think it is universal but many restaurant places near me have just upped their prices and think that the Covid excuse will be accepted and in a large part it is......others saw it for what it was and they lost business.
other places have blamed bad customer service ...un-returned phone calls etc on it and think they get a pass... many people do not see it until it effects them personally.....
same thing happening here...C-19 is being given an excuse for everything despite it being obvious that it's not the cause for whatever the bad service ....

I bought some vegetable egg rolls by TAI PEI and they are better in the microwave than the oven which is rare.

Back