Ozzy Osborne has a form of parkinsons disease

hollydolly

SF VIP
Ozzy reveals he has a Parkin2 a form of PD in this interview.

Poor ozzy he's clearly in a great deal of pain after a fall which caused nerve damage.. and admits he's now been told he also has the parkinsonbs, but he really doesn't look well..

I saw part of that. He's getting on, but it's a shame about the Parkinson's.
dya know he's 12 years younger than BIll wyman (83), 5 years younger than Mick Jagger , (76)... 3 years younger than Neil Young.... , 7 years younger than Paul Simon, 7 years younger than Art Garfunkel, 7 years younger than Bob Dylan...

...my point being that in the great scheme of rock , roll and drugs, Ozzy isn't that old... he just seems to be sometimes...

It was mentioned in the news last night.

Sad really I wonder why rock/pop stars are affected more
than other people, or maybe it is common across the
population, but we only hear about the well known ones.

Mike.

It was mentioned in the news last night.

Sad really I wonder why rock/pop stars are affected more
than other people, or maybe it is common across the
population, but we only hear about the well known ones.

Mike.
I think the latter is more likely to be the case Mike... my father died from the effects of PD, it's quite prevalent .

For example Approx 1 million Americans (according to stats).. are living with PD and 60,000 more are diagnosed every single year.
2 people every hour were diagnosed with PD in the uk in 2018 , so 145,000 people just in one year ....... and out of 10 million people worldwide who are living with PD, most live in Industrialized areas ..

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/about-us/media-and-press-office

My father also succumbed to Parkinson's disease, and the experts can't quite agree on the causes of it, which may well be multiple. The disease also tracks differently in people dependent upon its form, although tremors and rigidity are common with the condition. High profile sufferers of the disease like Michael J. Fox, Mohammed Ali, and Ozzy can increase public awareness and spur further research into Parkinson's, hopefully helping to develop new treatments...

High profile sufferers of the disease like Michael J. Fox, Mohammed Ali, and Ozzy can increase public awareness and spur further research into Parkinson's, hopefully helping to develop new treatments...

Bill Gates is another Parkinson's sufferer. And Bill Sr. has Alzheimer's.
So, as you can imagine he is helping with research for both. Many brain/nervous system disorders have much in common. So research for one helps with all the others.

Cognizin and Meriva with Phosphtydalcholine are just two of the safe natural substances being used to improve/replenish the missing Neurotransmitter's chemicals that are part of the problem with brain disorders.

Last edited:
One of the major problems with finding cures for all Neurological and Brain Disorders is finding enough volunteers for research studies.

They need volunteers who don't have any problems and those who already do.
They need all age groups, you don't need to be a senior to qualify.

I registered and was contacted to participate in a study where every 3 months I just submit any changes about my health, lifestyle, environment and play the mind games again (about 30 minutes) to track any changes in my cognitive abilities.

Super easy and they quickly let me know the results and how I am doing which helps me monitor how my brain is doing to become aware of any changes early!

This isn't just about Alzheimer's. Discoveries about one brain disorder also assist with finding prevention and cures for all Neurological and brain disorders such as Dementia, PTSD, Parkinson's and many others.

Gates wrote this next paragraph, not me:
" I encourage you to consider getting involved in a study. In the United States, the National Institute on Aging has a great online tool that can find one near you; the United Kingdom’s National Health Service has a similar tool. Dr. Langbaum’s Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry and Dr. Weiner’s Brain Health Registry are also great resources."

Last edited:

Back