Painting Ideas..

I tried to stay up to watch, but I fell asleep, during the night, so I cannot report on the painting. :rolleyes::sleep:
Sorry, everyone. :cautious:

I had thought so, Ken, from your tagging her in your Post # 8,
but now,
in my looking more closely at the thread....and its origins and development :rolleyes:

I see that others, and herself, sort of volunteered her for it. :)(y):love:

And then, as said, by RR, above, the idea did just grow legs. :ROFLMAO:

(As many of our Forum ideas do seem to often do, :) and especially recently!:LOL:;))

That's me when it comes to most crafts and artistic projects.

Gimme a spread sheet and numbers and I'm golden though.

About 20 years ago I took a watercolor class at church from a member who was both a professional artist and an art teacher. I was bemoaning my disastrous attempts and serious lack of any kind of talent when she said to me, "Are you kidding? You're the church treasurer and keep all the books straight. I have no idea how you can do that. I've never even been able to balance my checkbook, no matter how many times people try to explain it to me. You don't want to know how many checks I've bounced over the years."

The most important lessons I learned in that class were to appreciate the talents I was given, and that it's great to dabble in new areas but do so looking for a fun experience rather than with the expectation of fabulous results.

That's me when it comes to most crafts and artistic projects.

Gimme a spread sheet and numbers and I'm golden though.

The most important lessons I learned in that class were to appreciate the talents I was given, and that it's great to dabble in new areas but do so looking for a fun experience rather than with the expectation of fabulous results.
That’s RIGHT! It’s so easy to view the end results of someone’s projects and compare ourselves. I think we all do it. I’m useless at accounting or anything to do with numbers. Math and technical stuff frustrates me endlessly and I’m a total epic fail yet oddly enough my mom was a very successful accountant. Her banking skills were epic .

I’m like your polar opposite. I can do fairly well in anything that involves creativity but give me an instruction manual or expect me to figure out some computer software and I’m useless. Embarrassingly so.

What Ken showed was good but I liked the paint by numbers.
Back when I thought I looked really professional, like some of
those old painters you see in Musems. I noticed on the internet
they still have some of those PbN but they seem a little complecated.
But if one can shine, that's where I shined.

Last edited:

Back