Pandemic Pounds... :(

cassie66

Hi I am new to the forum...
COVID weight gain is a new thing! I can't begin to tell you how much I have gained in the past few months!

Has anyone here hade any luck with exercise during these times? I know some people are having trainers come to them, or meet them in the park.

I am thinking of doing the same how about you?

Hi I am new to the forum...
COVID weight gain is a new thing! I can't begin to tell you how much I have gained in the past few months!

Has anyone here hade any luck with exercise during these times? I know some people are having trainers come to them, or meet them in the park.

I am thinking of doing the same how about you?
It's very tempting to reach for comfort food, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the self-discipline of watching our weight, abstinence of yummy food is cruel IMO, it takes away one of the few pleasures left to us elders - enjoying the bad food we know we shouldn't eat. :)

It's very tempting to reach for comfort food, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the self-discipline of watching our weight, abstinence of yummy food is cruel IMO, it takes away one of the few pleasures left to us elders - enjoying the bad food we know we shouldn't eat. :)
we have nothing open here during our long months of lockdown except supermarkets ... so most people are home 90% of the time , it leaves the majority with very little to do except eat and sit around the house ... :(

Hi! I was okay at first and didn't gain any weight and then after reading how much others gained I packed some on! What else is there besides food anymore? I guess alcohol...lol

81Yt3MgA12L._SY450_.jpg

Hi Cassie,welcome glad you found us
You'll meet members from around the world here at SF
Where do you call home?
As for exercise,I've never gone to a gym.I'm a life long walker,my exercise every day is taking 2-3 walks{weather permitting} I rather be outside breathing fresh air than inside
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Hi Cassie,welcome glad you found us
You'll meet members from around the world here at SF
Where do you call home?
As for exercise,I've never gone to a gym.I'm a life long walker,my exercise every day is taking 2-3 walks{weather permitting} I rather be outside breathing fresh air than inside
Sue in Buffalo,NY
I walk a pattern around my house and with a bit warmer weather outside with Bella. I walk 4-6 miles a day, most 20 minutes every hour inside but the steps add up.

Last edited:
Has anyone here had any luck with exercise during these times? I know some people are having trainers come to them, or meet them in the park.
I've got a treadmill, but I'm doing about 3500 fewer steps per day than when I would also go on morning and afternoon breaks and walk together with coworkers. Somehow when working from home it is harder to take a break.

I have one coworker who was continuing to go to some sort of flexibility exercise one-on-one with her instructor, but she has stopped going now that the news talks about there being a more infectious covid version coming to get us.

I haven't gained weight but I didn't lose the weight I normally would during the summer, but then I didn't gain any additional weight over the recent holidays which is a first for me. I think partly because I was free from the insane amount of temptation being in the office would have exposed me to (holiday treats), and partly because I have cut down added sugar to as little as I can and stopped eating most refined carbs (no more oyster crackers for me, boo hoo). I think I'm only eating about half the WHO-recommended limit for grams of sugar on most days, and I don't think I've exceeded the limit since I started (been maybe 6 weeks so far). I've lost one pound, but I'm very excited about that one pound since I've been eating plenty of food.

I use my TV to follow u-tube exercises. Tai Chi is one on my favorite but I go for beginning only. I also do senior chair exercises. Sounds easy but some of them will give you quite a work out.
Anyway...it is easier than going to a gym even if we could go..

Back