Paper Dolls

OMG, of course Katy Keene! Also, Millie the Model!
Yes, Millie too. Millie and Chili, the redhead~ LOL

iu

I got a "bride doll" for Christmas in the early 1960s and still have it (see photo). Never played with her much except to strip that bridal gown off and dress her in her nightgown, then cut her hair short. I had more fun playing with my chemistry set. Then my career was working as a biochemist, so I had a whole lab in which to play.

View attachment 77993
Hey, Deb, I'd like to spend some time in that attic you have all this "stuff" stored in!

I don't know either, if they are still played with by children, now, but I do remember how much fun they were!
:D
I loved making paper dolls , and then clothing for them, and also the McCall's ones, and i also cut home furnishings for them, from a big catalog for mail ordering real adult stuff. :LOL:
So much imagining was involved.

Remember swinging on the front porch with my girlfriend on a summer afternoon, cutting out paper dolls and drinking lemonade. Good memories!

I loved playing with dolls when I was growing up. I had soo many dolls and so did my sister. I still have a doll I got when I was 5yrs old. My sister and I both got them for Christmas. About 10yrs ago we were offered A thousand dollars for them. Neither of us wanted to part with them because of sentimental reasons. Here is a similar looking doll.
0ecea585042da20c78ef9b051ef47069--antique-dolls-vintage-dolls.jpg

Back