Pat Robertson Dead at 93

He did say some things in his later years shortly before he retired that were a bit questionable. And maybe prior to that too as I never watched 700 club much when he hosted. His son Gordon then took over and if you watch the 700 club as it is now, you will find Gordon to be quite graceful with his comments. I watch the show almost daily now and find the stories of personal redemption and healing to be encouraging.

I'll go ahead and assume Robertson got to enter his Heaven to thunderous applause.

It simply confirms to me that I don't want any part of that particular heaven.
Maybe he won't be allowed to enter. After all, he used religion and God to condemn anything or anybody he didn't like. Seems to me, he spent his life spreading Satan's word, not God's.

Maybe he won't be allowed to enter. After all, he used religion and God to condemn anything or anybody he didn't like. Seems to me, he spent his life spreading Satan's word, not God's.
He gave Christianity a bad reputation with this crazy theories about floods and tornadoes caused by God's displeasure with groups he personally could not tolerate. That sort of talk is not only harmful, it's downright whacko thinking in the 21st Century. Many Christians are not like that of course, but he claimed to speak for all, and no one seemed to object that much, so his ideas flowed down upon the masses and colored the mythology with a darkness that we usually ascribe to the Devil.

Back