PayPal?

I've gotten several emails thanking me for my purchase of crypto coin using Paypal. Of course, I had to check my account to make sure it wasn't compromised. It's a ruse to get you to call the "customer service" phone number in the email, which I'm sure will unleash the demons of hell...
About a year ago, my son closed our Coinbase account due to their shady practices and lack of customer services. They were notoroious for restricting people's accounts (ours included) such that someone posted an online help page on steps to take to be able to access your accounts. A couple of days ago, I got an email "notifying me" about something that could affect my account. Of course it was a phishing scam so I deleted the email.

I don't use PayPal very often except for political donations. Spouse uses it quite a lot, however, as he buys a lot from on-line hobbyists who request PP exclusively. Both of us have had accounts for year, no issue with them.

Scam stuff shows up all the time, not just PayPal but all major banks, etc. Just delete it all.

About a year ago, my son closed our Coinbase account due to their shady practices and lack of customer services. They were notoroious for restricting people's accounts (ours included) such that someone posted an online help page on steps to take to be able to access your accounts. A couple of days ago, I got an email "notifying me" about something that could affect my account. Of course it was a phishing scam so I deleted the email.
Living in NY the only crypto coin services available is CoinBase, there are no other options if I wanted to use something different. I purchased bitcoin from PayPal, however, having trouble converting it to my coinbase account. Does anyone use Coin-base debit card? It is a simpler way to make crypto and usda purchases.

Living in NY the only crypto coin services available is CoinBase, there are no other options if I wanted to use something different. I purchased bitcoin from PayPal, however, having trouble converting it to my coinbase account. Does anyone use Coin-base debit card? It is a simpler way to make crypto and usda purchases.
Ed, I don't know what living in N.Y. has to do with it. I highly recommend Robinhood. My honorary son turned me on to them a little under a year ago. Their customer service is excellent. I had an issue when I was first signing up and was able to speak with a representative right away. She guided me through what I needed to do and even sent a back up email with instructions if I needed to review the process again.

Is the trouble converting on Pay Pal's end or Coinbase's end? I will never deal with either of those companies again.

I've already used the Unclaimed Property (N.J. state) website and found I'm due a small amount from an insurance policy my father had. They wanted additional proof (which I can't provide), even after providing all the documentation they initially required. I can't submit anything about the house my parents lived in because it's been demolished and the owners are dead. They asked for something else that I didn't understand. I meant to ask my attorney about it but COVID hit and the NJUP offices closed down for awhile. I didn't get back to pursuing again it yet but I'm sure I'll have to resubmit the requested documents. And now maybe I can reach a human about not being able to provide further info on the house. My husband and I had a religious marriage, not a "legal" one. So I would not be entitled to anything they might find. Thank you for the suggestion though.
I'm guessing requirements vary from state to state. When I filed for my Mom. they just asked what street names she lived on, I didn't need to send them any actual hardcopy proof.

These scams go in cycles. A few weeks ago I started getting notices of renewing my McAffe antivirus, with the "call customer service". My wife has been getting the "someone has tried to log in to your Facebook account", except she does not have one.

My experience with Paypal has been good. I try to reserve credit cards for large purchases when I want to pay over time. They have handled disputes quickly and without drama. We need to watch out for bogus emails from all corners. Just check before responding.

Somebody posted this on Facebook today about PP backtracking on a policy that would have fined customers $2,500 for "misinformation".
https://news.yahoo.com/paypal-policy-permits-company-fine-143946902.html
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: This guy's comment says it all.
"It appears that the Paypal notice on their change to the AUP was misinformation. They owe all of their customers $2,500."

“An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy."
So... either this was a deliberate action that blew up in their face, or they're just a bunch of incompetents, take your pick. :ROFLMAO:

Back