Peek Inside My Life, Photos

This is called The Jewel Cookstove made by The Detroit Stove Company in the late 1800's. I bought it in a antique store when I was getting ready to move to my off the grid house. In the picture, it looks dusty, because it is. I used it constantly till it fell apart.

View attachment 162468
Love all of the pictures, Kat, but the wood cook-stove really brings back memories for me.

One of my grandmothers had one just like it. The memories I have of waking early with her to start a fire in the largest open burner, rubbing our hands over the warming cast element and feeling the chill slowly get chased away with the roar of a fire inside.

A piping hot cup of hot cocoa, we'd sit at the table under the gentle cast of light from a small coal oil lamp, still bundled up in our pj's and housecoats.

Love all of the pictures, Kat, but the wood cook-stove really brings back memories for me.

One of my grandmothers had one just like it. The memories I have of waking early with her to start a fire in the largest open burner, rubbing our hands over the warming cast element and feeling the chill slowly get chased away with the roar of a fire inside.

A piping hot cup of hot cocoa, we'd sit at the table under the gentle cast of light from a small coal oil lamp, still bundled up in our pj's and housecoats.
Thank you, Aunt Marg. There is something magical about them that I can't explain.

Well thank you, but I don't have it anymore.
That’s too bad but at least you got the experience of cooking on it whereas many don’t. Like Marg and yourself, I feel fairly lucky myself that I got to cook with one. I worked as a chef for two opera singers. They lived in a big old Victorian home with one of these stoves and it was awesome.

Beautiful picture kalupe, thanks for sharing with us.

That’s too bad but at least you got the experience of cooking on it whereas many don’t. Like Marg and yourself, I feel fairly lucky myself that I got to cook with one. I worked as a chef for two opera singers. They lived in a big old Victorian home with one of these stoves and it was awesome.

Beautiful picture kalupe, thanks for sharing with us.
Wow, what an awesome job that must have been!

I am not especially gifted as a photographer, but I wanted to share a bit of my life with all my new friends here. These are in no order. Hope you like them.

My puppy, Nikita Blackwolf Lupole, 1998. She was my only dog.

View attachment 162424
It breaks my heart to know that this sweet little baby is gone now, and she wasn't even mine, that's why I'll never be able to own a pet. It would kill me to lose one. :(

Back