PensionParadise! Joining the ranks of folks living on PENSIONS in states that don't tax pensions

Pru

Hi, I'm about to retire from education with my pension and soon my Social Security benefit.
States like Wyoming (brrrrrr!) don't tax pensions but you gotta pay to HEAT YOUR HOME!
I'm interested in knowing if the benefit is worth it or if there are other factors that are more important in choosing a retirement location. I'm single and female so safety is a priority
I'm an active gal, dance (Latin), bike, hike, on the move seeing the sights. What about FLORIDA?
Good Lord! where should I GOOOOO!? Road tripped through Montana and Wyoming last summer and thrilled with the expanse and beauty. Did Glacier NP and Yellowstone. Wow!
I'm new to this forum but will check back and cruise around the site.
P

Hi Pru

gFQK9zV.gif

Hi Pru,welcome aboard,glad you found us
You'll meet some wonderful people from around the world here at SF,look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

.....interested in knowing if the benefit is worth it or if there are other factors that are more important in choosing a retirement location. I'm single and female so safety is a priority
I'm an active gal, dance (Latin), bike, hike, on the move seeing the sights. What about FLORIDA?..... Road tripped through Montana and Wyoming last summer and thrilled with the expanse and beauty. Did Glacier NP and Yellowstone. Wow!

If you like the beauty of the northwest, but want some warmer weather, Washington state. Another no-tax on pension state. You're (relatively) close to Montana and Wyoming, and next to Idaho and of course, Washington state has the Cascades and short drive down to Oregon. If we didn't have family here, I would be in Washington state in a minute.

Back