People Still Listing Items on FB Marketplace

I can't believe people are still listing items in FB Marketplace. This pandemic is going to make people antsy about going to garage sales even after it's declared over. I have a box of Easter items that no one will likely want right now because of social distancing, but by the time the illness is over, no one will want Easter stuff.
rabbit figurine 2b.jpg

Cute figurine. I have several items on the Marketplace from before this all happened,nothing really expensive, and believe it or not I had someone who was interested in an item. I told her she can come but for porch pick up only and to put the cash under the mat. I figured I'd leave it under the mat for several days. We have a safe neighborhood so I have no problem doing that.
I did think it was odd her doing that at this time.

Deb, love your stuff, especially the stuffed cloth bunny. Did you make it?

I have a few large bins on the sunporch waiting to go to new homes after all this is over.

Deb, love your stuff, especially the stuffed cloth bunny. Did you make it?

I didn't make it. Just part of the things in the house I inherited. That doll is 3 feet long and I don't think the dress was original to it.

Even if I could arrange a "contactless" pick up, people could later claim they got sick from my items.

Last edited:
I would expect an increase in posting on FB marketplace - folks are losing jobs and need to scrape up money any way they can.

What will likely happen is that some with money will take advantage of desperate people trying to sell then hang on to stuff to sell at a good profit later Sad but true.

Or folks with a few dollars are looking for bargains. I dunno. But I can tell you where I'm living FB marketplace is full of fishing gear and boats and off road utes and ...….

Back