People Who DISAPPEAR in the Wilds and are NEVER Found

That is a strange story Aunt Marg, it seems that they might
have planned to disappear together, I say that because I
think that Christmas Day is a strange day to go hiking in any
language or religion, I know many people who are not of the
Christian Faith who celebrate Christmas, mainly the commercial
and eating parts of it and Chinese are no exception.

The fact that one of their jackets and phone were found in a
different area suggests that somebody was trying to hide.

I could be very wrong of course.

Mike.

That is a strange story Aunt Marg, it seems that they might
have planned to disappear together, I say that because I
think that Christmas Day is a strange day to go hiking in any
language or religion, I know many people who are not of the
Christian Faith who celebrate Christmas, mainly the commercial
and eating parts of it and Chinese are no exception.

The fact that one of their jackets and phone were found in a
different area suggests that somebody was trying to hide.

I could be very wrong of course.

Mike.
Like yourself, Mike, I, too, looked at this case with a cocked eyebrow.

Sure does make one wonder just how many people that go missing, had plans on going missing, even though I've never understood why anyone would want to do such.

Nevertheless, it definitely adds to the whole mystery of cases like this.

Maybe one did something to the other and got
in a panic then ran away.

Mike.
I remember when it happened, the panic, the news flashes and reports, the extensive search until weather conditions brought any and all searches to an end. I cant remember if a search was initiated once spring arrived the following year or not, but as far as I know nothing outside of the original few items was ever found.

A long time coworker of mine was found lone and dead in a forest about 10 years ago. Apparently his married live was a living hell and he just decided to walk in to the woods and perish quietly. One thing about people going in to forests. The most experienced hunters and trappers will tell you it is very easy to get lost and die in them. Then there are the bears, wolves and mountain lions or cougars that kill them and eat the remains.
And BigFoot

Boy, now there's a case that's always left me lost for an explanation.

Thanks for mentioning it, FM.

If you have no issue with it, I'd love to post a thread on it.

What's your take on what happened to the party?
I saw a documentary about this strange event a few years ago. It could not conclude one way or another. The freaky thing is the evidence showing they cut and tore their way out of the tents. So to me something very terrifying was attacking them yet it does not appear there was evidence of mutilation. I am like everyone else I have no clue.

On another story some scary people choose to live alone in wooded areas. Recall Tec Kaczynski The Unabomber "In 1971, Kaczynski moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water near Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient. He witnessed the destruction of the wilderness surrounding his cabin and concluded that living in nature was untenable; he began his bombing campaign in 1978."

Last edited:
I watched a program about missing folks a few years back. One of the experts on the program was an FBI supervisory agent. During the program he reminded the host & the viewers that, despite what families & others may feel. A person does indeed have every right to just walk away from his/her life. And on occasion when they [law enforcement] in general find one of these folks, they will not disclose their location / situation, if the missing person, now found does not wish them to.

Last edited:

Back