Philosophy Category

Great idea! No matter what is written, people don't read things with the intent to understand what they are reading; they read with the intent to give a clever and humorous reply. Even if words come from masters, as Goethe or Emerson, there are antagonisic people who will try their best to convince others that their own opinions are much more relevant than any philosopher. One can hope but minds and souls have to be open to recieve truths. I likewhere your head is though!

Great idea! No matter what is written, people don't read things with the intent to understand what they are reading; they read with the intent to give a clever and humorous reply. Even if words come from masters, as Goethe or Emerson, there are antagonisic people who will try their best to convince others that their own opinions are much more relevant than any philosopher. One can hope but minds and souls have to be open to recieve truths. I likewhere your head is though!
Your reply is pleasing on many levels.🙏

@Gardenlover, thanks for your suggestions, that sounds like a good idea but, it's a little intimidating too. We can give it a try, can you find some (10+) existing threads that fit into this new forum? Empty forums look bad. After you send the thread URLs to me in a conversation, I will create the new forum and move those threads into it.

Splendid idea - as someone who started threads that were misread, misinterpreted, misdirected, and generally ran amuck, I sense a need.
I think we've all at some time had people misinterprate or mis-read what we were trying to convey, and go straight on the attack instead of asking for clarification..

I always say it's not what I've written (unless it's obvious that it's a derogatory or offensive post) it's the way people choose to read it.. and some just want an excuse to start an argument.. I am very happy to ignore those people overall.. ...

I think we've all at some time had people misinterprate or mis-read what we were trying to convey, and go straight on the attack instead of asking for clarification..

I always say it's not what I've written (unless it's obvious that it's a derogatory or offensive post) it's the way people choose to read it.. and some just want an excuse to start an argument.. I am very happy to ignore those people overall.. ...
Good Day, Holly! Sometimes, I have difficulty ignoring some hostile responses to my threads and have to 'bite my lip" to keep from becoming one of those hostile people. I do think that in most cases, it is because they 'didn't get the message' that I meant to convey. I try to be clear, but evidently I must try harder.

Good Day, Holly! Sometimes, I have difficulty ignoring some hostile responses to my threads and have to 'bite my lip" to keep from becoming one of those hostile people. I do think that in most cases, it is because they 'didn't get the message' that I meant to convey. I try to be clear, but evidently I must try harder.
Hi, Empty...

doesn't matter how hard you try there is a minority who will always be quick to take offence where none was intended... if people believe you've said something offensive to them, then the better thing to do would be to get it clarified first before re-acting with a verbal assault...most do this... but there will always be those who will post a negative response even if you say the sky is blue. You'll get to recognise those ones before too long..

Last edited:
Thanks Holly. I needed the pep-talk. There are so many nice, supportive people here to offer advice and comfort and valuable, insightful feed-back. I am still very happy that I found this site. (-:

Back