Photo insert problems

Treacle

I just joined the Forum so not quite sure what I'm doing yet however I am trying to insert a picture and have looked at the instructions in the Forum suggestions but it does not seem to work. Can anyone help ?:unsure:

I just joined the Forum so not quite sure what I'm doing yet however I am trying to insert a picture and have looked at the instructions in the Forum suggestions but it does not seem to work. Can anyone help ?:unsure:

You should see a paperclip that says 'attach files.' Start by clicking on it. It should lead you to where your picture file is, so you can upload it.

I can help. I post pictures here all the time.
There might be a few problems with posting pictures that you might encounter. For instance the forum doesn't upload .png files, it does accept all the common formats such as .jpeg or .jpg. That appears on your picture on your computer.
First of all where is your picture located on your computer? You have to know that in order to locate it. It should also have a name. I found it simple to first save the picture on your desktop so it is easily accessible.
Then post your comments or other in the post you are going to send.
Then click on Attach files which is just below the post. That brings up where to look for your picture file with the name.
The picture will be listed.
Left click on the picture file. It will be highlighted. This one is named carousel.
Click on Open
When you do that the file will show it being opened and uploaded to the forum.
Then there is a box that states Thumbnail or Full image.
Left click on the choice.
Click on post reply.
carousel.jpg

Treacle are you inserting the url of your ^^^^^ picture into the box between the link chain and the smiley face...

First open the box above icon which kinda looks like a mountain.. o r a house, then insert the url of your picture... ( that's one of a few ways of doing it and the way I personally always do it)

Paint?...good lord I haven't used paint in about 10 years
I'm still running an old system. I use it occassionally. The last use for it was for a .png file. I think they still have that program on Windows 10. It's actually quite good for capturing screen shots if you are trying to illustrate a problem you might be having. Alt>Print Screen. Open paint. Edit and Paste and there's your screenshot.

You can use this site for free as well. Imgur

Click new post and choose an image from your files to upload and wait for it to finish loading. Then hit copy link on the image and you can paste the URL here in this box and it should open right up.

View attachment 108080...No paint on Chromebook...
Thanks for telling me. I was going to buy Chromebook. Chromebook is not Windows. I checked on that. You can't use Chromebook for some applications like tax programs based on Windows.

I'm still using an old Windows based operating system and I dread getting rid of this computer because there are so many applications on it that I would miss.

What would be the alternative for getting a screenshot.? On my computer I hit Alt plus Print Screen and that gives me a screenshot which I then send to Paint. Very handy if you are trying to illustrate a problem you might have instead of trying to explain it in words.
It's nice to use "in house" programs instead of going to an outside source. Thanks for listening.

That's two "good lords" for using Paint. I'm laughing. Honestly folks. It's not the end of the world.

I can help. I post pictures here all the time.
There might be a few problems with posting pictures that you might encounter. For instance the forum doesn't upload .png files, it does accept all the common formats such as .jpeg or .jpg. That appears on your picture on your computer.
First of all where is your picture located on your computer? You have to know that in order to locate it. It should also have a name. I found it simple to first save the picture on your desktop so it is easily accessible.
Then post your comments or other in the post you are going to send.
Then click on Attach files which is just below the post. That brings up where to look for your picture file with the name.
The picture will be listed.
Left click on the picture file. It will be highlighted. This one is named carousel.
Click on Open
When you do that the file will show it being opened and uploaded to the forum.
Then there is a box that states Thumbnail or Full image.
Left click on the choice.
Click on post reply.
View attachment 107978
Also you can post gif images

When you take a screen shot, the image goes to your clipboard. Then there's all kinds of things you can do with it depending on the editing programs on your computer. I always resize the picture I'm going to post even though the forum is supposed to resize it for you.

I use to have no problems posting pics here at all but over the last few weeks my picture posting has gotten horrible. I could post pictures as long as they weren’t my own photos. Then I found if I seriously cropped them, I could upload them. Now I can’t upload any photos at all. The uploading is so staggered that I get a message saying my uploading was incomplete even when it finally makes it to 100%.

I have no problems uploading photos at any other site. Just this one.

Is anyone else having problems posting pictures lately?

Back