Photos from your neighborhood

asp3

This topic is for people to share photos they've taken in their neighborhood. I'll let everyone use their own definition of neighborhood, but I'd like to make sure you consider an area smaller than what you would consider your region. Personally for me my neighborhood is the area of San Jose where I feel I can easily walk there and back home.

My first picture is one I took this morning. I don't know what struck me about this scene, but I really wanted to capture it in a photo. I was taking the dogs on our weekly forced march where I take them to and through San Jose State which is about a 2 1/2 mile round trip. These are some interesting plants outside the Art building on campus.

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_2907.JPG

This is a young Cooper's hawk that was on the sidewalk in front of our house. It had evidently fallen out of it's nest. A neighbor got a towel and a cat carrier and took it to the local wildlife rescue facility. The neighbor later heard that the hawk had recovered and eventually was released.

The river lee which runs through our little town through several more small towns and ultimately supplies London with fresh water..

DSCF1455.jpg

Last edited:
Looks beautiful to me. We don't have a lot of rivers and streams in our area and the ones we do have often go dry or down to a trickle in the summer.
we're very lucky we do have a lot of streams and rivers which run through our area, and they never dry up even when we have the hottest summers, I don't know why ... the one above has rainbow trout in it... it's on private land so therfore it's not swamped with fishermen..

Back