Pickleball?

I tried searching this forum for Pickleball and only got 3 hits, none of which actually talked about the sport. Is there really no one else on this forum that enjoys playing Pickleball?

I started playing about 1 1/2 years ago and cannot get enough. With my Silver Sneakers card I have found many places to play for free. Today at an indoor meet up I just learned that there are people meeting up at the new outdoor courts just finished this year. I think I might just give outdoor games a try.

It’s played very actively at my combination Silver Sneakers gym/PT facility, & if I could figure out any way I could do it on my walker I would! They have such fun!

I tried searching this forum for Pickleball and only got 3 hits, none of which actually talked about the sport. Is there really no one else on this forum that enjoys playing Pickleball?

I started playing about 1 1/2 years ago and cannot get enough. With my Silver Sneakers card I have found many places to play for free. Today at an indoor meet up I just learned that there are people meeting up at the new outdoor courts just finished this year. I think I might just give outdoor games a try.

Go for it @TravelinMan! .. I used to love tennis, but those days are past me.

iu

It seems to be vey popular! I have heard of it and a friend of mine plays several times a week. I am not very fitness minded and I'm sure my knees wouldn't hold up. There are a LOT of games in my area - indoors and outdoors. Check with your local Parks & Recreation department. They host most of them around here!

I just switched my Part F Medicare to Part G with Humana, and that gives me that magic Silver Sneakers card. Now I use it to play at a number of places in the KC metro area for free. This week I played twice at a YMCA and twice at my local senior center. I try to play at as many places/days as possible each week, but the wife and I have a little house on the Lake of the Ozarks that we usually spend 4 days at. No pickleball within 100 miles. So that usually gets in the way of playing more! But the trade-off is pretty good.IMG_20170909_142930622_HDR.jpg

Back