Pickles and Olives

Lee

I love Vlasic Bread and Butter Pickles or Strubs Dill Sandwich Stackers.

Olives, prefer black, nice to slice on Italian style cooking.

I love the deli olives in the oil dressing and the ones stuffed with bleu cheese or pimento are really good-both green and black. Sweet pickles are my favorite but will eat the dills at times, too.

Chopped green stuffed olives mixed with cream cheese and schmeared on a toasted English muffin or celery sticks.

Black olives on a salad or a pizza.

Crispy Claussen dill pickles with a cheeseburger or tuna melt.

My all-time favorites are crisp sweet fourteen-day or candied dill pickles. I remember when the folks at Smucker's used to make these back in the early 70s.

1585309976560.jpeg

When I was a kid, the other kids spent their allowance on candy after school, ( on the long walk home), but I always saved up and bought a jar of green olives to eat all the way home. Then I would drink all the juice. Is that weird? I like garlic olives now. (Yes, In retrospect, I guess that WAS weird!)

Mmmmmmmm, olives. Any kind of olive. Let me at 'em!

Love sweet pickles, too. Home-canned bread-and-butter pickles are the best! My Virginia grandma used to make a pickle that she called Indiana pickles for some reason. They were almost "candied" and were unbelievably good sliced on cream cheese on rye bread. I haven't had them for probably forty years but my mouth is still watering.

Back