Piggybacking on Gaer's, "lefties" thread topic

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
Did you know?

- Lefties make up approx. 10% of the world population
- Curly hair - 11%
- Blonde hair - 4%

But... with more than 7 billion people on the planet, one special and rare genetic quality that exists in only 2% of the world population.

Green eyes (the rarest of all).

Anyone here have green eyes?

Did you know?

- Curly hair - 11%
- Blonde hair - 4%

But... with more than 7 billion people on the planet, one special and rare genetic quality that exists in only 2% of the world population.

Yes, I have green eyes. Interesting, I didn't know they were that rare.

Did you know?

- Curly hair - 11%
- Blonde hair - 4%

Yes, I'm both left handed and have green eyes. I had blond hair and blue eyes as a child, but one night, as a teenager, I woke the next day with green eyes and brown hair! Seriously! Overnight!

So, Aunt Marg, What planet am I from?

Well, Cindy and Gaer, I, too have green eyes.

As for what planet you are from Gaer, I'm convinced that men are from Mars, and women from Venus. :)

I've never heard of anyone's hair and eye colour changing so rapidly, and so adversely. I can't imagine the shock factor.

Well, Cindy and Gaer, I, too have green eyes.

As for what planet you are from Gaer, I'm convinced that men are from Mars, and women from Venus. :)

I've never heard of anyone's hair and eye colour changing so rapidly, and so adversely. I can't imagine the shock factor.
Well, I'm a Libra, so the ruling planet is Venus! hahaha!
About my eye and hair color changing, so many strange things happen to me, I didin't even think of it as odd, but my classmates sure did!
I'm a little odd anyway. Maybe I came from a parallel Universe!

Well, I'm a Libra, so the ruling planet is Venus! hahaha!
About my eye and hair color changing, so many strange things happen to me, I didin't even think of it as odd, but my classmates sure did!
I'm a little odd anyway. Maybe I came from a parallel Universe!
Well, well, well... a Libra here, too. :)

Did you know?

- Curly hair - 11%
- Blonde hair - 4%

Yeah, when I put in my green contact lenses. lol Just kidding.

My daughter was a green-eyed blonde as a child, which was surprising considering I had black hair and my husband had brown hair and we were both brown-eyed.

But then, genetics is like a big pot of stew. You dip out a ladle-full and you never know whether you'll get a potato or a carrot or a slice of onion. There is always that odd little mushroom recessive gene floating around in the pool, just waiting to pop up.

One of my former brothers-in-law had seven brothers and sisters and they looked like they had been stamped out by the same cookie cutter (which was fine for the boys but really unfortunate for the girls). In my family, none of us look the slightest bit alike.....we have every combination of hair and eye color and skin tone, yet we sprang from the same loins.

It's a cr@p shoot what your kids will look like......

My eyes are sometimes green, sometimes brown and sometimes hazel . My husbands eyes are sometimes green, sometimes blue and sometimes hazel.
My daughter's do the same depending on what color her blouse or dress is.....when she wears lavender or purple her eyes get greener....
my Mom's did the same and my brother had green eyes.....I've known lots of people with green eyes and they are so attractive to view, esp. with dark hair and skin....

Mrs. L has greenish eyes. Mine are a blue/grey.
Here in Scotland and the more northern European countries, ginger hair (Natural that is, not out of a bottle) is quite common - up to 6% I believe. People talk about a 'ginger gene'.
My younger daughter has natural ginger hair - takes after her maternal grandfather. My other daughter started blonde but her hair darkened and became almost black. That's much more like my father's side of the family.

Unlike other animals that change color, such as the squid and octopus, chameleons do not modify their hues by accumulating or dispersing pigments within their skin cells, the researchers found. Instead, the lizards rely on structural changes that affect how light reflects off their skin, the researchers said.

Does it depend on what colour you wear closest to your face? My daughter has hazel eyes which sometimes look green, depending on what colour she wears.
View attachment 123530
Yes. What I’m wearing makes a difference and so does the lighting. In sunlight my eyes are very green with gold flecks but on a dull cloudy day they look more brown. I was born with big brown cow eyes. As I got older they turned more greenish brown
617EE55D-EE86-4E48-AA38-2E6A365016B3.jpeg
B3549FFC-05A5-46E4-A0B6-068BF5D3D116.jpeg
And this is now, experimenting with my new hair colours. You’d think I’d pick one colour at a time.lol

7AF5F414-8ABD-4D55-9B58-12632202DABC.jpeg
The biggest difference in my eye colour is when I cry. When I cry for a long time my eyes go really green. I’m not sure if it’s the salt water or what. It’s a mystery to me. Sorry for all the eye pictures but I went searching for pictures of my eyes for the post and then couldn’t decide which pics to use.

Yes. What I’m wearing makes a difference and so does the lighting. In sunlight my eyes are very green with gold flecks but on a dull cloudy day they look more brown. I was born with big brown cow eyes.
TView attachment 123542
As I got older they turned more greenish brown
View attachment 123543
View attachment 123546
And this is now, experimenting with my new hair colours. You’d think I’d pick one colour at a time.lol

View attachment 123549
The biggest difference in my eye colour is when I cry. When I cry for a long time my eyes go really green. I’m not sure if it’s the salt water or what. It’s a mystery to me. Sorry for all the eye pictures but I went searching for pictures of my eyes for the post and then couldn’t decide which pics to use.

Love the photos!

I wish I had eyes like yours. Being Asian, that's a big wish 😉
Oddly, my daughter had her paternal grandmother's colouring when she was little - auburn hair and greenish/hazel eyes from the Scottish side of the family.

Yes. What I’m wearing makes a difference and so does the lighting. In sunlight my eyes are very green with gold flecks but on a dull cloudy day they look more brown. I was born with big brown cow eyes. As I got older they turned more greenish brown
View attachment 123543
View attachment 123546

View attachment 123549
So pretty, Keesha!

Some of the most beautiful eyes I've seen.

Back