Pink roses on a gray morning

Grampa Don

Yep, that's me
pink-rose-small.jpg

I like it! Quite the tall fence plant reaching at the sun. So many with similar beautiful shapes all now peaking. Below is from our San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, May 7, 2023:
(mouse select to enlarge)
UC03238-82u.jpg

And below a 100% pixels 1080p sized crop showing how sharp a focused stack blend image can be.:
UC03238-82-cr5b.jpg

Last edited:
One place we lived had 3 rose plants in front, one red, one yellow and one pink. We also had a sweet young lamb and a few geese. The geese however having tasted every flower in the yard didn't care for roses. So one day after being to town shopping we came home and all the yellow and red roses were gone. Apparently Joey didn't care for the pink roses. We couldn't be mad at the little stinker, we loved him so he didn't get yelled at. Actually we never yelled at him, maybe that was why he was so spoiled!

Another downsized to1080p for web shot on May 9, 2023 at our Municipal Rose Garden, just post processed yesterday. Takes me hours to manually blend by my own eyesight sharpest sections from in this case 59 shots. And it is also actually a good hand and eye coordination regular exercise for this senior: As a hardware electronics tech for decades, at the end, I spent hours most days looking through stereo microscopes while hand unsoldering and soldering PCB SMT microcircuits after debugging whatever that with telephony equipment was often lightning damage coming in from telephone pole strikes. So now working with images continues to use that similar skill preventing degeneration as would also be painting or knitting.
UC02462-20u.jpg

Amazing how rose shapes of some cultivars develop through so many different forms. Some rose species will have several form stages on the same bush or even same branch as with Floribunda's. I've become a fan of horticulture roses since the pandemic began that forced me to stay close to home for that first spring. Did so in that city garden and now visit each year. And yes folks, I do like stick my nose in many of them.

Last edited:
Another downsized to1080p for web shot on May 9, 2023 at our Municipal Rose Garden, just post processed yesterday. Takes me hours to manually blend by my own eyesight sharpest sections from in this case 59 shots. And it is also actually a good hand and eye coordination regular exercise for this senior: As a hardware electronics tech for decades, at the end, I spent hours most days looking through stereo microscopes while hand unsoldering and soldering PCB SMT microcircuits after debugging whatever that with telephony equipment was often lightning damage coming in from telephone pole strikes. So now working with images continues to use that similar skill preventing degeneration as would also be painting or knitting.
UC02462-20u.jpg

Amazing how rose shapes of some cultivars develop through so many different forms. Some rose species will have several form stages on the same bush or even same branch as with Floribunda's. I've become a fan of horticulture roses since the pandemic began that forced me to stay close to home for that first spring. Did so in that city garden and now visit each year. And yes folks, I do like stick my nose in many of them.
These pale pink roses are beautiful! The bud on the far right especially.

Back