Poor Vision & Reading Text Online

Chet

I'm using FF. Under Settings > General > Fonts > Advanced > and at the bottom where it says Allow pages to choose their own fonts instead of your selections above, I unchecked the box and it's much easier to read posts. I may go back to change fonts and sizes to possibly get further improvement.

I use a desktop computer, I got a pair of "computer glasses" from the place where I get my regular glasses. I find they help a lot. They are bifocals with the top part scaled to focus on the screen and the lower to focus an documents on the desk.

I wear normal bifocals when not using my computer.

I use a desktop computer, I got a pair of "computer glasses" from the place where I get my regular glasses. I find they help a lot. They are bifocals with the top part scaled to focus on the screen and the lower to focus an documents on the desk.

I wear normal bifocals when not using my computer.
That is exactly what I did. Great minds.....

Hold down the "ctrl" key and hit the "+" key, until
you get the text large enough to read comfortably.

If other people also use the machine, you can reverse
the above by using ctrl and -

Good luck.

Mike.

I'm using FF. Under Settings > General > Fonts > Advanced > and at the bottom where it says Allow pages to choose their own fonts instead of your selections above, I unchecked the box and it's much easier to read posts. I may go back to change fonts and sizes to possibly get further improvement.
You can also use the keys Control and + to enlarge the lettering on the pages you are reading.

Plus, Firefox has a feature that allows you to set the display size (zoom level) on different websites. I have it at 120% here at SeniorForums, and different sizes on other sites.

Click the "hamburger menu" (the three horizontal lines) which should be at the top right
- Select "More Tools"
- Select "Customize Toolbar"

Then drag whatever features are offered up to your Menu Bar or to the side of the URL box and/or Search Box.

Back