Possibly The Best Police Interrogation Tape Ever

MrPants

2 Murders, several sexual assaults and multiple home break-ins have police in Eastern Ontario (Canada) stymied until they found a tire track match and decided to interrogate Colonel Russell Williams, Wing Commander of Canadian Forces Base Trenton (in Eastern Ontario, Canada).

What followed was a well planned interrogation by Ontario Provincial Police Detective, Sargent Jim Smyth. The result was a monumental fall from grace for one Russell Williams. The video is long (almost an hour) but well worth the watch for anyone interested in getting an inside look at police tactics for such an event.

2 Murders, several sexual assaults and multiple home break-ins have police in Eastern Ontario (Canada) stymied until they found a tire track match and decided to interrogate Colonel Russell Williams, Wing Commander of Canadian Forces Base Trenton (in Eastern Ontario, Canada).

What followed was a well planned interrogation by Ontario Provincial Police Detective, Sargent Jim Smyth. The result was a monumental fall from grace for one Russell Williams. The video is long (almost an hour) but well worth the watch for anyone interested in getting an inside look at police tactics for such an event.
I've seen that one, and yeah, it's a good one. I think I read or heard that the detective got a promotion and/or was made a lead investigator in his department. This recording is used as a training tool, that I know for sure.

Colonel Russell Williams; one sick puppy.

Yes I've watched that one before too... what a sick man, if he was in the USA I'm sure he would never be released , but Canada has a judicial system like ours, which means that after 25 years he's eligible for parole, and I think he's already served about 10

Last edited:
Yes I've watched that one before too... what a sick man, if he was in the USA I'm sure he would never be released , but Canada has a judicial system like ours, which means that after 25 years he's eligible for parole, and I think he's already served about 10
And if his upkeep & medical care get more expensive, he'll be paroled much earlier - like Sirhan & Bill Cosby.

And if his upkeep & medical care get more expensive, he'll be paroled much earlier - like Sirhan & Bill Cosby.
Not in Canada. I've never heard of anyone convicted of murder with a life sentence (25 years is max. for life sentence in Canada) getting paroled early. Once you get that 'life sentence' you don't get out for 25 years period. The only way to end up with a longer sentence in Canada is to be declared a 'dangerous offender' which is normally sought be the prosecutor during the sentencing phase, although it can be added later as well, as was the case with schoolgirl killer Paul Bernardo. He's already served his 25 years and had two parole hearings that lasted mere minutes. He ain't gettin out ...... ever! The issue with these mandatory parole hearings is that the families of the victims are notified and usually show up for victim impact statements and that puts them through the emotional ringer all over again.

Although I'm not normally hell bent for vengeance, I'd be OK with the death penalty for extreme cases such as Williams, Bernardo, Robert Pickton or Clifford Olsen.

Not in Canada. I've never heard of anyone convicted of murder with a life sentence (25 years is max. for life sentence in Canada) getting paroled early. Once you get that 'life sentence' you don't get out for 25 years period. The only way to end up with a longer sentence in Canada is to be declared a 'dangerous offender' which is normally sought be the prosecutor during the sentencing phase, although it can be added later as well, as was the case with schoolgirl killer Paul Bernardo. He's already served his 25 years and had two parole hearings that lasted mere minutes. He ain't gettin out ...... ever! The issue with these mandatory parole hearings is that the families of the victims are notified and usually show up for victim impact statements and that puts them through the emotional ringer all over again.

Although I'm not normally hell bent for vengeance, I'd be OK with the death penalty for extreme cases such as Williams, Bernardo, Robert Pickton or Clifford Olsen.
You can add David Shearing, the Wells Gray PP killer, to your list. He’s shaking the bars that he should have parole.

That was a brilliant police interrogation!

Back