Post a favourite photo your took yourself

5 years ago I pulled up at a river bank. Upon exiting my car a flash of blue caught my eye. Sitting there for a while I saw a Kingfisher. Then I saw two. Camera at the ready I waited until they were close enough together to get them in the one photo.
I am forever amazed by bird photographers. You must really know your subject's habits to capture them well, I would think. They are so quick to see much less even photograph. Well done.

No shortage of photos I've taken myself here :)

But here's one of my faves - and here it is on our newly decorated wall. It's 34in wide.

'Fairy Pools' on the Isle of Skye, with the Black Cuillin Mountains in the background.

41566127452_b0dd97dc4f_h.jpg

i-JWxtkVd-X3.jpg

Hanging on for dear life.

This is, or was, a resident of Ireland. I told my girlfriend at the time that the bee was buzzing in an Irish accent. The expression on her face suggested that she wasn't convinced, either that or she was disappointed in my attempt at humour? Probably the latter!

Ireland bee.JPG

Last edited:
I am forever amazed by bird photographers. You must really know your subject's habits to capture them well, I would think. They are so quick to see much less even photograph. Well done.
The ones I manage to capture sometimes sees me sitting for hours to get that "Just Right" shot. Endless patience and time. :)

Hanging on for dear life.

This is, or was, a resident of Ireland. I told my girlfriend at the time that the bee was buzzing in an Irish accent. The expression on her face suggested that she wasn't convinced, either that or she was disappointed in my attempt at humour? Probably the latter!

View attachment 301039
Lovely colour. Thank you.

Back