This is me and my Fender Telecaster...

View attachment 277355
my dd is a Bass guitarist and also plays acoustic, she has fenders, and Gibsons

D-guitar-mask.jpg

Last edited:
The guitar looks really new
Thats a long time playing
For some reason I thought you played bass
My brother had a Fender guitar and a Rickenbaucher base.
I started playing my first horn at 13 which is ….a long time also lol but I learned piano quite young.

Do you play in any bands?
Yes I played bass in a few bands from the late 60s into the mid-70s .. all semi-pro and a lot of fun. Gave it up when my daughter was born in '76.
I also had a Rickenbacker 4001 bass for a while then I traded it for my first Fender and that was that lol

These days my hobby is amateur music production using computer-based software, so basically I build my own band 😁

Last edited:
That looks like a beautiful instrument. I have a Kawai digital piano which I love and which hooks up nicely as a midi keyboard with FL Studio which I use on my computer. The Clavinola seems to have everything you need right there built into the keyboard. Really nice, thanks for sharing :)
You're welcome, of course Octavo. It really does have just about everything except an authentic sounding tenor sax, which is passable, but not preferable. I'm very pleased with all the other woodwinds and brass sounds. Here's my thread with clips of some of the songs I'm working on for my next album, all composed and played on the Clavinova.
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/clips-of-5-songs-slated-for-my-next-multi-genre-album.77935/

Thank you. It really is a beautiful instrument. I chose this model because he top comes down to protect the keyboard. I see a lot of musicians use Rolands, but I've never played one. I'm working on a couple of songs in Garage Band. I used to have the Logic program and worked on some songs (transferred from the Clavinova) in there. I don't like working digitally exclusively. I feel it took my musicality away. The program eventually crashed and I refused to buy another one. My son (and studio engineer) is currently using Logic to mix and master my songs. He tried to get me to get another Logic program. I told him I don't need to because I have him. :D Do you have anything on YouTube?

Clavinova.jpg

You're welcome, of course Octavo. It really does have just about everything except an authentic sounding tenor sax, which is passable, but not preferable. I'm very pleased with all the other woodwinds and brass sounds. Here's my thread with clips of some of the songs I'm working on for my next album, all composed and played on the Clavinova.
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/clips-of-5-songs-slated-for-my-next-multi-genre-album.77
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/clips-of-5-songs-slated-for-my-next-multi-genre-album.77935/

Thank you. It really is a beautiful instrument. I chose this model because he top comes down to protect the keyboard. I see a lot of musicians use Rolands, but I've never played one. I'm working on a couple of songs in Garage Band. I used to have the Logic program and worked on some songs (transferred from the Clavinova) in there. I don't like working digitally exclusively. I feel it took my musicality away. The program eventually crashed and I refused to buy another one. My son (and studio engineer) is currently using Logic to mix and master my songs. He tried to get me to get another Logic program. I told him I don't need to because I have him. :D Do you have anything on YouTube?

View attachment 282948

935/

View attachment 282948
Wow .. Logic, the size of the manual scared me away immediately lol .. and I work on PC so I stuck with FL Studio. I do have a Soundcloud page which I really need to update, the pieces on there have been there for quite a while and I've moved on quite a bit.

I thought perhaps you played in some bands.
You seem like a serious musician. My band years were early 70’s to mid ‘90’s. Shortly after meeting my husband, my band days stopped but it was something I really enjoyed. One of the bands I joined is still going strong today. A few years ago I saw them at a pub in the city and they were still good.

Is your daughter into music? Does she have the same type of interest?

Which computer based software do you use?
I’ve got Band in a box , Garage - Band and Cakewalk and I’m horrible with all this software. Lol! Transitioning from analogue to digital has far from been a smooth transition but I do have Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 which I’ve found helpful when I want to sing or play an instrument when using online software and playing with other musicians and works well with a cardioid capacitor mic.

I’ve got a Roland keyboard but haven’t played it in a long time and it has a cover so dust doesn’t settle on it ( lol ) but horns and vocals have been my focus lately.
Not that serious Patty :) just the look on my face I guess lol. Neither of my daughters play any instruments but they do have my great love for music. I use FL Studio software, I've been using it for many years now and really like it. I also have a Scarlett 2i2 ... great little unit. I just ordered a Lekato Looper for my guitar ... another 'toy' as my wife puts it :)
I have this great fear that when I die, she sells my guitars for what I told her they cost haha!

Not that serious Patty :) just the look on my face I guess lol. Neither of my daughters play any instruments but they do have my great love for music. I use FL Studio software, I've been using it for many years now and really like it. I also have a Scarlett 2i2 ... great little unit. I just ordered a Lekato Looper for my guitar ... another 'toy' as my wife puts it :)
I have this great fear that when I die, she sells my guitars for what I told her they cost haha!
My mistake. With all the music instruments it ‘appeared’ like you were into it. I get why you started the thread. Good job. 👍

I am learning to play this Classical Guitar, notice that the strings are nylon, even the bass strings are nylon strings with a metal wrap on them. The tone of the guitar is mellow compared to a guitar with steel strings (Acoustic or Electric).

1682951509923.jpeg

Back